Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australia "Drover" hat offerings

Flatdarkelf

New in Town
Greetings all,
I am new here. Like many of you I love hats. I have always wanted a quality version of Hugh Jackman's "Drover" hat. I did a search on the forum and it seems I'm not alone. However, I couldn't really find much information about quality.

It seems the only two offerings of this hat are Staker Hats and The Last Best West. Neither of which I can find reviews or images of purchased hats. Upon further research I can't seem to get a clear answer as to quality from the two firms. It seems hit and miss. Does anyone have a version of the Drover from either company? If so, how was service and quality? Is there a better firm? I went to the Buckaroo Hatters page but they don't have a Drover offering. Any help would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,
Sean

Greetings all,
I am new here. Like many of you I love hats. I have always wanted a quality version of Hugh Jackman's "Drover" hat. I did a search on the forum and it seems I'm not alone. However, I couldn't really find much information about quality.

It seems the only two offerings of this hat are Staker Hats and The Last Best West. Neither of which I can find reviews or images of purchased hats. Upon further research I can't seem to get a clear answer as to quality from the two firms. It seems hit and miss. Does anyone have a version of the Drover from either company? If so, how was service and quality? Is there a better firm? I went to the Buckaroo Hatters page but they don't have a Drover offering. Any help would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,
Sean
Use the Google search function to find threads here in the Lounge. Google: Fedora Lounge and Staker Hats or Last Best West. If my memory serves neither of these hatters gets great reviews here in the Lounge. However there are many custom hatters that can make you this hat.....even if they don't show it in their "offerings". There are a number of very good hatters that are skilled enough to make you the hat of your dreams from just a picture/screen shot. And likely for less money than the hatters you mention.

Greetings all,

Kind regards,
Sean
Is it that style you are seeking or do you want an exact to the detail replication of the Drover hat of Jackman?

Flatdarkelf

New in Town
Use the Google search function to find threads here in the Lounge. Google: Fedora Lounge and Staker Hats or Last Best West. If my memory serves neither of these hatters gets great reviews here in the Lounge. However there are many custom hatters that can make you this hat.....even if they don't show it in their "offerings". There are a number of very good hatters that are skilled enough to make you the hat of your dreams from just a picture/screen shot. And likely for less money than the hatters you mention.
Hello,
I did do a google search as well. The lounge threads did come up. However, I found mixed reviews regarding both hatters so I couldn't get a straight answer as to quality.

It doesn't have to be an exact screen accurate copy. Just a close match to the style.

Fallentaxi

New in Town
Hello,
I did do a google search as well. The lounge threads did come up. However, I found mixed reviews regarding both hatters so I couldn't get a straight answer as to quality.

It doesn't have to be an exact screen accurate copy. Just a close match to the style.
Welcome to FL. I'm fairly new here myself and also looked into Staker Hats. I've been reading a lot here in the lounge and thinking a lot. When I'm ready, I'll go with one of the makers here for the quality, value, service and craftsmanship. And pick all your colors inside and out! As stated above get the hat of your dreams.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, if you live within a few hundred miles of Covington Tennessee, it would be worth the trouble to send of picture of the hat you want to Mike at Buckaroo hatters and ask him to make it. I have say 8 of his hats and NONE are off the website or off the shelf.
Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto