Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B-10 Roughwear (1943) flight jacket to go

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Having to clear out some of my collection guys, there's just getting to be too many jackets in the Middleton Loft!

So, for sale, one excellent repro RoughWear B-10 cotton sheen flight jacket (successor in '43 to the leather A-2).

Lovely vintage golden bear mouton collar, great alpaca lining, strong shell, excellent RoughWear of Middletown, Pa label; strong clingy knits too, to keep out those gusts in your B-24!

What sets this above your average B-10 are the two excellent 5th AAF squadron patches from the famous Jolly Rodgers (skull and cross bones). The other patch is of the Aspederious (my spelling!!) cartoon figure. Both are trimmed off in antiqued horsehide (as was the norm in the FarEast units).

Included is a brass Aerial bomb tag, attached to the nickel bell shaped Talon zipper. These were often kept by aircrew for their zips as a 'cool accessory' but also to enable pulling, when wearing flight gloves.

I have hardly warn this jacket and it's in excellent condition. For ?Ǭ£160 (UK sterling), it's a steal, but I just have to clear some of these jackets out. My Doc says it's the only cure for me!!

I'm at work right now (UK GMT 1715hrs), but will post pics ASAP.

Regards,

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Size 40" sorry, I'm a jerk :)

Sorry about that, doh! It's a true WW2 size 40" (not much of a salesman eh!! lol)

Thanks for pointing that out :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff