Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B15 c Colours

Baron Enski

Familiar Face
Hello

Was thinking of getting a Buzz Rickson B15c and wondering did they really make it in olive drab or were they all blue. I want one as accurate as possible, have an Alpha replica B15 a good jacket but getting a little tired . Can anyone help ?

Edward

Bartender
There were a very, very few B15Cs produced in olive green, using up the nylon material left over from B15B production. Buzz do a repro of those as well as the blue B15C. I've also seen a Buzz B15C in blue but with olive knits - afain, a repro of a rare early production model that used up leftover materials. If it's a green B15 you want, rather than specifically the C spec model, all other B15s came in green.

The Buzz jackets are wonderful. I have an Alpha B15C, one of their Replica series, and a BuzzB15C Mod. The Alpha cost me GBP40, NOS on eBay - I'd consdier paying up to maybe a hundred for one. The Buzz is definitely a superior jacket, and were they GBP200 new I'd opt for that every time. The Alpha really holds its own, though. I hold out hope of finding a good used Buzz B15C one day, but I can't justify the four hundred quid tag. Even less so for the L2A, which I require to complete the set. Cracking jackets, though, and I'd definitely buy others from the Buzz range too. In fantasyland, I'd love to have one of each of the Buzz B15 variants. Great jackets to wear, love that nylon in the rain, very warm (especially compared to how light they are). Nicve change from leather sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24