Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B3 jacket correct length

Roma

A-List Customer
Why I started measuring all the jackets Aero made for me? Because a year ago I ordered a B3 with my favorite length 27" but when I got it it looked a bit short to me since I'm 6'2". I didn't think about measuring the back myself and just contacted Aero. They say it looked ok. I forget about that because the winter was over but yesterday decided to measure the back and to my great amazement I got 26". I contacted Aero again but they told me it's too late to make the return since I got the jacket in January. I'm baffled. Aero made a mistake and refuse accepting the return although they confessed they made the mistake.
I'm in negotiations with them currently, but what do you think about the look? uploadfromtaptalk1443004645886.jpg

dan_t

Practically Family
Hmm, in all honesty you have had many months to identify any issues & discuss these with the manufacturer. If you didn't bother to do this, I don't see how you could blame Aero.

By the way, the fit in the picture above looks fine to me.

Roma

A-List Customer
Hmm, in all honesty you have had many months to identify any issues & discuss these with the manufacturer. If you didn't bother to do this, I don't see how you could blame Aero.

By the way, the fit in the picture above looks fine to me.
Thanks Dan. I notified them within the first 14 days but they said the jacket was ok. So now I would like to collect opinions on the look and be ready if Aero rejects the return.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
IMO the body length looks fine for that particular jacket. Any longer and you might feel the bottom of the jacket bunching up when you sit.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Jacket length looks perfect to me.
TBH, if you couldn't tell there was a problem until you actually measured it, then I think there isn't a problem.

Otter

One Too Many
I have had a couple of these jackets and both sat about where yours is. As has been said, it's a short style, not a car coat and was meant to be worn sitting while twisting around in a cockpit. Any longer and you would get rolls and bunches at the front when sitting while trapping the back with your posterior.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Same thing happened to me with my Highwayman. I requested 27" but it ended up closer to 26" and some change. I was initially disappointed, but over time realized even the 26" looked a bit long on me for the style. The thing is, you have to be willing to accept up to a 0.5" deviation from order to finished product. I just concluded that it was a good length, and accepted the fact that because I'm can't claim myself a master measurer with 100% certainty, it could have fallen into that 0.5" tolerance. Back length is a more straightforward measurement than chest or sleeves, so in reality it could have been closer to 0.75". But in my case I ended up benefiting from the shorter length.

What matters in your case is you actually got lucky here. It's a perfect length. Any longer and you lose the right "look" and it becomes sloppy looking. It may take a while to get used to, but I'm confident most of the Loungers here will agree it's a great fit and length. You could have gone even shorter if you wanted to pair it with higher waisted pants.

Btw, I'm also 6'2". Torso height varies from person to person, so height comparisons aren't everything. Nice jacket.

Last edited:

Roma

A-List Customer
IMO the body length looks fine for that particular jacket. Any longer and you might feel the bottom of the jacket bunching up when you sit.
Tahks Fanch, if even you, a fan of 27" in short jackets and with the same heigth (I hope I'm not mistaken, 6'2") are saying that, that's the case.☺

Отправлено с моего SM-G928F через Tapatalk

Roma

A-List Customer
Jacket length looks perfect to me.
TBH, if you couldn't tell there was a problem until you actually measured it, then I think there isn't a problem.
Thanks, I thought it was short in the first place but I don't take into the account the style. Sure, it should be short.

Roma

A-List Customer
I have had a couple of these jackets and both sat about where yours is. As has been said, it's a short style, not a car coat and was meant to be worn sitting while twisting around in a cockpit. Any longer and you would get rolls and bunches at the front when sitting while trapping the back with your posterior.
That what I was affraid of too, thanks.

Roma

A-List Customer
Same thing happened to me with my Highwayman. I requested 27" but it ended up closer to 26" and some change. I was initially disappointed, but over time realized even the 26" looked a bit long on me for the style. The thing is, you have to be willing to accept up to a 0.5" deviation from order to finished product. I just concluded that it was a good length, and accepted the fact that because I'm can't claim myself a master measurer with 100% certainty, it could have fallen into that 0.5" tolerance. Back length is a more straightforward measurement than chest or sleeves, so in reality it could have been closer to 0.75". But in my case I ended up benefiting from the shorter length.

What matters in your case is you actually got lucky here. It's a perfect length. Any longer and you lose the right "look" and it becomes sloppy looking. It may take a while to get used to, but I'm confident most of the Loungers here will agree it's a great fit and length. You could have gone even shorter if you wanted to pair it with higher waisted pants.
Thank you. Really makes sense.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
As the others have said it looks spot-on to me. Having tried on one that was a size too big and found it drowned me, you have an ideal balance there.

images-bomber-jacket-guide5_wide.jpg

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Tahks Fanch, if even you, a fan of 27" in short jackets and with the same heigth (I hope I'm not mistaken, 6'2") are saying that, that's the case.☺

It all depends on the jacket. My Sheene has a 27" back and is perfect for me. I used to own a HWM with a 26" back that was perfect but 26" sleeves too short. I used to own a HWM with a 27" back that "felt" a tad too long. Hope that helps.

Stand By

One Too Many
It looks perfectly fine from where I'm sitting. As stated already, it's supposed to be short by design and yours looks good and well-proportioned to me. I'd open a beer, kick back and relax about it. It fits great and is a nice looking B3!

Roma

A-List Customer
It all depends on the jacket. My Sheene has a 27" back and is perfect for me. I used to own a HWM with a 26" back that was perfect but 26" sleeves too short. I used to own a HWM with a 27" back that "felt" a tad too long. Hope that helps.
Sure helps, many thanks Fanch.

Roma

A-List Customer
It looks perfectly fine from where I'm sitting. As stated already, it's supposed to be short by design and yours looks good and well-proportioned to me. I'd open a beer, kick back and relax about it. It fits great and is a nice looking B3!
Since you are 101st man saying that but the first one to open a beer, I'm gonna do that for sure :) Thank you very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm