Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Back Vent Duck Tail

FrankC

New in Town
Hi all, first time posting here. Great forum.

I just get this half coat. Almost perfect fit, nice and slim at the waist. It's a relatively inexpensive, no brand coat and as such the workmanship is just not there. Problem is that the back single vent won't hang close. It doesn't split wide open but b/c of the thick fabric it opens just enough that the 2 sides of the vent stick out like a duck tail. I guess it's b/c the pattern cutter didn't cut enogh fabric there. I have come to this conclusion b/c whenever I have a jacket taken in at the waist to slim it down, my tailor always have to close the back vent, otherwise the vent will flare open b/c as he will say "there will not be enough fabric after the waist is taken in."

I very much like the fit and style of the coat, so I am going to keep it. I am thinking to take it to my tailor to have the vent closed. What do you guys think? Is it weird for a coat to be ventless? I don't remember seeing any ventless coat before. Keep in mind also that this is not a long coat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou