Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad repro looks

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The sting

70's tie and hair in the 30's.

sting88.jpeg

Early eighties in the late 50's
joanie-cha.jpg

80's hair and suit cuts in the 30's
cityheat.jpg

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
The anachronistic hair cut problem seems so blaringly common (even in WW2 movies up until recently) that there is no way it couldn't have been noticed by the studios. Either the stars had refused to get their hair cut properly, or else the studios decided that vintage hair cuts looked stupid and would turn off some of their potential audience I suppose.

swinggal

One Too Many
Man, watch the Glenn Miller story sometime starring Jimmy Stewart and June Allyson. It was made in 1954 about' the 30s and 40's and all the women are wearing 50s full circle dresses and have short haircuts. It's weird! Even when they are portraying the 30s the womens clothing is wrong. A lot of movies made in the 50s get 30s and 40s fashion so wrong, or don't even try get it right at all.

205929.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
Westerns!
I think the Western film genre really kills repro looks! Westerns movies with the lead character tieless, with the top buttons of his shirt open and showing his chest. So bad!!
A lot of the clothes, haircuts and firearms in Western movies look to be the wrong cut, etc. for frontiersmen of the 1870's-80's.

western.bmp

ITG

Call Me a Cab
From what I've seen from the Season 1 DVDs those episodes are. I was so young when the episodes were on tv that I didn't pay attention to the era. Perhaps the producers/writers changed the setting in a later season while having Steve and Diana doing some sort of time travel that wasn't written into the show.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I think it's his son maybe?
C'maan, check out the '70s sportswear and her glasses..

A Quote-
"The first season took place during World War II with Wonder Woman fighting the Nazis. The Second season updated the Wonder Woman mythos to modern times and a different network. The series only lasted three seasons but proved to be a pop-cultural hit thanks to reruns." this was from the 1st google hit-

B
T

ITG

Call Me a Cab
BellyTank said:
A Quote-
"The first season took place during World War II with Wonder Woman fighting the Nazis. The Second season updated the Wonder Woman mythos to modern times and a different network. The series only lasted three seasons but proved to be a pop-cultural hit thanks to reruns." this was from the 1st google hit-

B
T
There, that answers the question then. Even in the first season though, the men's hair was way off kilter for the 1940s. I love the campy shows from the late 70s/early 80s. I'm watching the "Formula 407" episode from Season 1 right now and they had a group of bad guys that all had on 70s ish suits. Pretty bad.

El Jefe

New in Town
How do we feel about these guys?
Especially when so many elements of the show are obviously near and dear to our hearts??
I kind of get the feeling that a large percentage of us here, if given the choice of making a TV series based on anything in the world, would probably have chosen this one.
Whether it would have ended up better or worse, well, YM, naturally, MV...

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Ouch!!!!

Man, was that John Hillerman withthe monocle?
What's with the A2 jacket with handwarmers? Yikes!
A Samurai in full armor in the jungle??
Wow, what a mish-mash.
What the heck are those scenes from?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider