Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Balmoral Boots?

Lawman

One of the Regulars
I know this has been addressed before, but here it goes again. I am a size 13 US, and I cannot find any balmoral boots in my size. Ron Rider at Franco's in Richmond has gorgeous stuff, but not in my size. The Edward Green Shannon is just too expensive. Any recommendations?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I feel your pain. The EG is the dream shoe, and I might special order something like the SF Alden #8 on the Plaza last from Leather Soul one day, but it seems that it's pretty hard to find a balmoral in 13 that's better than Stacy Adams, but less than $500. Maybe AE will introduce something one day.

Edit: sorry, I just remembered that even the Aldens aren't balmorals.

Lawman

One of the Regulars
Not a bal, but mighty sharp. Check out the Villiers!

cjlavilliers28eh.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It looks nice in that photo, and maybe it's just the perspective, but it looks a bit odd in this one.
Martin-280707-IV.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
There's a dearth of Balmoral boots at RTW...... lots of bluchers though.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Lefty said:
RTW? (the only RTW I'm familiar with is ready to wear)
Yep, you have RTW (You choose from what they put on the shelf), MTO (You choose from their stock lasts/models and leathers, mix-n-match) and Bespoke (They make a last to your foot and you pick the style and leather).

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Got it. Your use of the word "at" confused me.

What do you recommend at around $2-300?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I've seen that one and would spend the extra $10 without hesitation but, like Lawman, it's the 13 as much as it is the price that causes problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko