Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Balmoral straw from Akubra, anyone?

Picker

One of the Regulars
I'm contemplating the straw Balmoral from Akubra, sold at Hats.direct. Does anyone have one? If so, can you post pics, preferably being worn. I'm in Georgia, and straws are more comfortable than felt during the extreme humidity of summer.

Thanks ahead of time.
Picker

VickHick

New in Town
Sam at Everything Austrailian just sent me an Email yesterday telling me that even though they were not on the website they do have the Balmoral (bad spelling) in stock there. The price is AU $60.00.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Balmoral

I already posted a thread abouit this - a great hat. The shape is assisted by a fair bit of stiffening but Rob at Strand Hatters tells me that with use this breaks down and it softens up (it is straw not poly). This hat looks to me as if it will stand a little rain.

I can't stand the rain...on my Montes...brings back bad memories....lol lol

Just got my Akubra Balmoral Hardhat, anyone have ideas on softening this up!
My god, the hemp is sooo stiff!

I have a hemp Akubra Reef and I like it, but then I was expecting it to be stiff. Steam will allow it to be shaped, but it will be hard again as soon as it cools off. It’s just the nature of Akubra hemp hats. I suppose you could soak the hat in a solvent to see if you could remove some of the stiffeners. Maybe try denatured alcohol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider