Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BARTER: A NEW ROUNDING JACK FOR A 7 3/4 #52 HAT BLOCK

humanshoes

One Too Many
I do love the good old fashioned barter system so why not try it here. I'm looking for a 7 3/4 #52 hat crown block in 6" height. In return I will make you a new 7" capacity oak and brass hat rounding jack.
DSC01041.JPG

humanshoes

One Too Many
Just posting to bump this up one time before I order a new block from Hatter's Supply House in Loveland, CO. I think I'd do just as well looking for a unicorn here. Anybody out there have a unicorn they'd like to trade? Preferably one wearing a pristine 7 3/8 LO Stetson 100 in the original case. Sigh...

humanshoes

One Too Many
Wouldn't that be a 62?
Hey TropicalBob. Good answer below by DH. Just a style number. Nothing to do with size. Many hat blocks from the golden age of hatting were intentionally destroyed at the factory after a run of hats so their style could not be copied by anyone else. Also, I suppose, many went to the home fires for heating purposes during the lean times. The #52 style, however, has withstood the test of time and remains a classic.

RJR

7_75-1.jpg 7_75-2.jpg
Rick,this may or may not interest you.I don't remember where this size 7 3/4 block came from.Clearly for an optimo crease BUT it measures right at 62cm around the base where there is no crease.I don't know if you could put it on a sander and make do.<bobruby.ia@gmail.com>

humanshoes

One Too Many
Rick,this may or may not interest you.I don't remember where this size 7 3/4 block came from.Clearly for an optimo crease BUT it measures right at 62cm around the base where there is no crease.I don't know if you could put it on a sander and make do.<bobruby.ia@gmail.com>[/QUOTE]

That looks like a beauty Bob and thanks for the pictures and the suggestion. I could sure make that block work if it were 6" tall. It wouldn't take much to sand it down to a regular block. Unfortunately, those Optimo style hat blocks are usually only about 5 to 5 1/2 inches tall and I need a 6". I really do appreciate the thought though.

RJR

Rick,this may or may not interest you.I don't remember where this size 7 3/4 block came from.Clearly for an optimo crease BUT it measures right at 62cm around the base where there is no crease.I don't know if you could put it on a sander and make do.<bobruby.ia@gmail.com>

That looks like a beauty Bob and thanks for the pictures and the suggestion. I could sure make that block work if it were 6" tall. It wouldn't take much to sand it down to a regular block. Unfortunately, those Optimo style hat blocks are usually only about 5 to 5 1/2 inches tall and I need a 6". I really do appreciate the thought though.[/QUOTE]
You're right,its a tall 5 1/2 ".

humanshoes

One Too Many
That looks like a beauty Bob and thanks for the pictures and the suggestion. I could sure make that block work if it were 6" tall. It wouldn't take much to sand it down to a regular block. Unfortunately, those Optimo style hat blocks are usually only about 5 to 5 1/2 inches tall and I need a 6". I really do appreciate the thought though.
You're right,its a tall 5 1/2 ".[/QUOTE]
Thanks for checking on that for me Bob. Appreciate you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana