Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bea Wain on the Alan Young radio series

Espee

Practically Family
I saw a photo of the two of them, dated "1948." I have a disk of a bunch of his situation comedy shows over several years, and I believe only one (dated "1944") features her. She sings "Music Makes Me" from FLYING DOWN TO RIO.
Several of the shows have Dianne Courtney as the vocalist.
I'm wondering about what period(s) she was a part of his program.
(She is turning 98 April 30th; he is 95.)

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Hello, Espee, do you have a copy of John Dunning's Tune in Yesterday ? It has quite a bit information on network radio shows, including personnel, stars, directors, how long the series ran, and so on. Not exhaustive, but thorough and well-written.

Espee

Practically Family
So the photo I saw probably wasn't from 1948...
No, I don't have the Dunning book, but I used to spend a lot of time with the Buxton/Owen book. However it would tell when a show BEGAN but not when it ENDED... and I recall listening to examples of shows and discovering they were from a different day of the week, on a different network, for a different sponsor than Buxton-Owen cited. I guess their book was "a good starting point"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk