Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BEAUTIFUL 1960s Vintage Brooks Brothers "346" Shawl Collar Tuxedo. c. 42, 44.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
BEAUTIFUL Vintage Brooks Brothers "346" Shawl Collar Tuxedo.

Union Made in the USA, this dates from between 1962 and 1968!

Please "like" my Facebook page WaterhollowTweed to see wonderful Ivy clothing items before they appear here.... and also see my new website

www.waterhollowtweed.com

Measurements:

Chest: 22
Sleeve: 23 1/4 (+1 1/2)
Shoulder: 18 1/2
length: 30 1/2

Waist: 19 1/8
Inseam: 27 3/4 (+1 3/4)

This is WONDERFUL! From Brooks Brothers' old-school "346" line this was Union made in the USA and dates from between 1962 and 1968.

Cut as a classic 1960s shawl collar tuxedo with a single button closure this is half-canvassed and fully lined. The classic black wool cloth that it is cut from is a lighter mid-weight heft, making this very comfortable to wear with a lovely drape. The shawl front is exceptionally elegant and has been cut so that the button does not actually fasten as the lapel rolls like the top of a 3/2 sack.

The jacket has two cuff buttons, and a single rear vent. It has very natural shoulders, as you'd expect from a 1960s Brooks tuxedo.
1f642.png

The trousers are flat-front and uncuffed, and feature the traditional satin military stripe. They also features interior waist-band buttons for your suspenders; they do not have belt loops, of course.

This tuxedo is in overall Very Good/Excellent condition. It has two faint marks on the lapel, as shown--these were shot in bright sunlight and aren't as noticeable in person. The trousers have "hang lines" on them in one place from hanging, but these will be removed almost certainly with the first dry-clean.

Asking just $59, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA. Less than the price of one evening's rental of something "fashionable" with notch lapels!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana