Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beautiful Navy 1940's tailored jacket 34"Bust

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Hi ladies, I just bought a stunningly gorgeous Rich Navy Blue wool 1940's jacket that sadly wont' fit around my ample chest with any comfort :( :( . This jacket gives a terrific hourglass shape!! The colour is richer and darker than in the pics!

DSCF1515.jpg

DSCF1514.jpg

DSCF1516.jpg

It would ideally fit a 34" bust and has some great features and beautiful seaming. The buttons are just to die for little fabric covered triangles, those on the pockets are replacements I believe but are just as pretty. The lining is gorgeous mullberry coloured satin. Overall it is in great condition, there is one tiny moth chomp on the inside of the left cuff, but I mean tiny, about 3mm max and it really doesn't show. There is also some minor discoloration on the lining on the inside of the jacket at the undararm, but it's not significant I am happy to provide any additional pics. The label reads the "national coat and suit recovery board"

I paid £47.00 for it (all in with the P & P and customs who charged me a fortune!!) but would be happy to accept £35.00 O.N.O for it plus shipping.

Meanwhilst my search for the perfect navy suit continues......*sigh*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points