Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beauty accidents...

Smuterella

One Too Many
Injuries / mishaps in the face of beauty...

This morning, whilst pencilling the eyebrows I managed to thoroughly poke my eyeball and scratch it with the mascara wand end of the syepencil brush thingy. After 10 minutues squealisng and crying with my head under the bed and my carefully applied make up running I had to run, this time for the bus to work and then spent the entire hours bus jounrey with tears streaming from one eye which was steadily puffing. It still hursts some hours later.

Please tell me I;'m not the only one inept with the art of beauty.

*wipes tears from right eye only*

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella said:
Injuries / mishaps in the face of beauty...

This morning, whilst pencilling the eyebrows I managed to thoroughly poke my eyeball and scratch it with the mascara wand end of the syepencil brush thingy. After 10 minutues squealisng and crying with my head under the bed and my carefully applied make up running I had to run, this time for the bus to work and then spent the entire hours bus jounrey with tears streaming from one eye which was steadily puffing. It still hursts some hours later.

Please tell me I;'m not the only one inept with the art of beauty.

*wipes tears from right eye only*

you should go to a doctor, you might have scratched your retina, I have done that a few times, not with a mascara though, but it could be serious!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
accidents in some form or another

I wanted to be a redhead and was pursuaded by my then hairdresser it should be colored with henna - big mistake on top of lightened blonde hair, the result = a yucky fading pink mop of hair.

Someone spraypainted my short bleached hair bright blue at Roskilde Festival once (I was sound a sleep) .. I was called Flash Gordon for the rest of the festival and it never really got out. Not so much an accident as attack in my opinion.

never use a fake tan and then put on strappy sandals, you will only get really, REALLY streaky feet.

Vintage Raven

Familiar Face
Ohhh you are not the only one, believe you me.

I cannot even count all the times I have poked myself in the eye with various makeup applicators, gotten my hair hopelessely caught in one of those round brushes or burned myself on my curling iron.

It's a wonder I can still walk around without scars and an eye patch, really.

alexandra

Practically Family
Vintage Raven said:
burned myself on my curling iron.

A personal favourite of my forehead!

This isn't painful physically, but it's painful emotionally: When I have, on a number of occasions, overplucked one eyebrow and then had to leave myself with visibly different eyebrows. Or worse, plucking a chunk out of the centre when I was super pissed at my then-boyfriend.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Darhling said:
you should go to a doctor, you might have scratched your retina, I have done that a few times, not with a mascara though, but it could be serious!

Yeas, but I live in London, there is no way I could get a doctors appointment within the next fortnight. What did you have to do when you scratched yours?

I quite fancy an eyepatch, diamante or leopard....?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella said:
Yeas, but I live in London, there is no way I could get a doctors appointment within the next fortnight. What did you have to do when you scratched yours?

To the emergency room STAT, don't go to your normal doctor, he will refer you to the emergency room too! I am serious, you need to be treated or else it will get worse (if it is scratched) and you can get an infection too. And of course when the scratch starts to heal, it will hurt like you never knew it could hurt in your eye.

Smuterella

One Too Many
oh, I can't, I have a full day at work and a long awaisted hair appointment this eviening. I'm sure i'll survive. if its still bad tomorrow I'll go the hospital.

thanks for the advice though

*fingers crossed*

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
See that little white line in the bottom (your) left side of the blue? that is what a scratch looks like when it begins to heal.. GO NOW!! I mean it.

MyPicture-1.jpg

Vintage Raven

Familiar Face
Smuterella said:

I used to live in the UK, and people used to say that making a doctors appointment was pointless as it would take weeks before you finally got there. The saying went: Either it will kill you or it would go away by itself LOL

But in all seriousness Darhling has got a point; You really should get it checked out, as it need to be treated immediately if you damaged your eye.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Raven said:
I used to live in the UK, and people used to say that making a doctors appointment was pointless as it would take weeks before you finally got there. The saying went: Either it will kill you or it would go away by itself LOL

But in all seriousness Darhling has got a point; You really should get it checked out, as it need to be treated immediately if you damaged your eye.

Just to be on the safe side, if it is nothing, perfect, but I have had one to many scares when it comes to my eyes, so I am overcautious with them.

Smuterella

One Too Many
thanks for the concerns my lovelies, its starting to feel a little better. I will leave it until the morning is its not red or anything. If its still painful or has gone red then I'm stright to the hospital.

At the moment I just feel like a real plonker (i.e - very stupid)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Once, when washing my face, I got a little overzealous, poked my pinkie up my nose and scratched the inside so badly it bled! It hurt like hell and was too hilarious for any of my friends to give me any sympathy!

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
I decided to bleach my hair platinum blonde once. Instead of using a 20 or a 30 activator, I used 40. I already have blonde hair....

Long story short, I fried my hair so badly that once I showered it all started to break off about 4" from my scalp. I was in tears. I had to get a short boys hair cut before going back to college... *sigh*

My fiance did almost the same thing once. He had long dread locks and wanted to dread up the hair next to his scalp faster than backcombing and beeswax. So he got a dread perm. He totally regrets doing that as he is now bald. Officially cannot grow hair on top of his head.

Hows that for incidents! (and to a man! lol)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Once, when completely ignoring the warning on the side of a q-tip pot, and sticking it in my ear to clean it, I jogged my elbow on the door frame and jabbed it into my ear drum. That hurt a very large amount.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Paisley said:
I've heard that poking your eye with a mascara wand is actually pretty common.

Yeah I've read somewhere that it scores very highly in motoring related accidents as a lot of women apparently spend their time putting makeup in the car mirror!

I've used nail polish remover on my face by accident, oh and sprayed deodorant on my hair instead of hairspray.....attractive.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points