Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belt-backed suit sighting

matei

One Too Many
I was on the Tube last week when I spotted a young fella wearing a navy belt-backed suit. As I don't believe that they're something one can buy "off the rack" here in London, I can only assume it was vintage.

It really didn't look out of place, I think that the dark colour of the suit subdued the look of the belted back and vent.

The cut looked vintage as well, as yer man was holding on for dear life to the overhead hand-hold, and the jacket was barely riding up.

It is a neat look, and having seen one in person I am contemplating having one such suit created.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
top-shop were doing a belt back jacket, but it looked more like the 70s version. you don't normally see one unless it's on an OBVIOUS vintage freak who has the total look. if it's on a young dude who clearly isn't a 30s'40s fanatic my guess would be it's new (70s onward) and he's unaware that he's wearing something that will start a lot of fedora loungers salivating at 50 paces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats