Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Besame cosmetics

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
I saw this on the reVamp newsletter:
"Also, we still have stock of much of the discontinued Besamé Cosmetics. As you may or may not know, Besamé has merged with another company and will no longer be manufacturing any of the existing line. They are in the process of developing a new line. So if you have any Besamé favorite cosmetics, you should come by our booth in order to pick them up while supplies last."

The booth they're referring to is at the Santa Monica Vintage Fashion Expo 2/7-2/8.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Besame is running a buy 2 lipsticks, get the 3rd free. I tried to order and got this in response:
Thank you for your interest in Bésame Cosmetics.

You have selected Dusty Rose and your free gift; unfortunately we are sold out of this shade. Would you like another? We are also sold out of the following:

Coral
Red Velvet
Chocolate Kiss
Portrait Pink

Emer

One of the Regulars
Besame mascara

Anyone tried their mascara? I'm tempted since it's allergy tested and paraben free. My eyes can get sensitive on me of I use cheap mascara. I might order myself a sample but wanted to see if anyone else had used it.

Inky

One Too Many
I have used the 1930 Mascara from Besame and it's not bad for a good natural look. It is not clumpy, doesn't flake off during the day, and gives a natural lash definition. It does smell nice, gingerbread scented, and the case is lovely.

I have been very happy with all my Besame cosmetics, except the lip liner pencil. The product itself is fine, but it came out of the tube very easily, so i have to be careful not to tip it too far out. Also, two of the small eyeshadow cases won't re-open easily if fully closed, but again, it's the packaging, not the product.

I'm still waiting for this supposed new product line....

Emer

One of the Regulars
Inky, when you say "natural look," does it give you the long "Hollywood" lashes, or just kind of amp up your lashes without looking too dramatic?

Inky

One Too Many
Emer, for me (black, medium, fairly straight without an eyelash curler lashes) it give me darker, slightly longer natural looking lashes. They are soft after application, not thick and hard as with some mascaras.

I wish I had a picture! I would say it does not give me long dramatic "Hollywood lashes" or at least what I think those should be like. I can only get that look with false lashes.

To give a point of reference, when I want thick dramatic dark lashes without false lashes, I use Dior Show, which is super thick in my opinion.

I hope that helps! I don't think you'd be disappointed to add the 1930 mascara to your mascara arsenal (if you are like me, you have several, lol).

Emer

One of the Regulars
lol I love the Dior mascara too! Gave me that same thing, long thick eyelashes without falsies. I don't know why I stopped using it...

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Inky said:
I have used the 1930 Mascara from Besame and it's not bad for a good natural look. It is not clumpy, doesn't flake off during the day, and gives a natural lash definition. It does smell nice, gingerbread scented, and the case is lovely.

I have been very happy with all my Besame cosmetics, except the lip liner pencil. The product itself is fine, but it came out of the tube very easily, so i have to be careful not to tip it too far out. Also, two of the small eyeshadow cases won't re-open easily if fully closed, but again, it's the packaging, not the product.

I'm still waiting for this supposed new product line....

On Gabriella's facebook, a few days ago she updated her status to designing the final version of the lipstick case for the new line...so it's apparently still being made

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Emer said:
Anyone tried their mascara? I'm tempted since it's allergy tested and paraben free. My eyes can get sensitive on me of I use cheap mascara. I might order myself a sample but wanted to see if anyone else had used it.

Check out page 38 of this thread, I posted some photos showing the 1930s Mascara.

Personally, I love it, it's perfect for my lashes most of the time. It's a very natural look, though, and if I want really dramatic lashes, I use a lash curler and apply it in layers or simply use a different mascara.

I have heard other ladies complain that it's very prone to smudging and running (it's not waterproof), but I have not experienced it myself. I'm guessing it's because I always wear mineral-powder around the eyes. It would smudge easily if worn on oily skin.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I got my "buy2, get1 free" package. I got another merlot, which is my fav red lipstick, noir red, which is a great nighttime look, and debutante pink. I'm not sure I like the pink, but they were sold out of my first choice. I also got the moisturizer, which smells lovely and seems to be ok. I usually need a week with a new moisturizer to know if it's working for me.

Sunny

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
Check out page 38 of this thread, I posted some photos showing the 1930s Mascara.

Personally, I love it, it's perfect for my lashes most of the time. It's a very natural look, though, and if I want really dramatic lashes, I use a lash curler and apply it in layers or simply use a different mascara.

I have heard other ladies complain that it's very prone to smudging and running (it's not waterproof), but I have not experienced it myself. I'm guessing it's because I always wear mineral-powder around the eyes. It would smudge easily if worn on oily skin.
I like mine, too. I haven't had a problem with it smudging, either (unless I rub my eyes). It's also just about the least clumpy mascara I've ever used. I like it a lot.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Carmine Lippy

I bought the Carmine becasue I swear I had one before and now I can't find it, and I was wanting it for in case I decide to go back to red. (hair, that is) SO I bought a new one along with Champagne, which I LOVE, btw, and for the life of me, I don't know what I was thinking.. maybe I was confusing Carmine with the Coral??? (Which I STILL can't find) Carmine is way too light on me. :eusa_doh:

So......... if anyone does like the Carmine, would you be interested in a trade or some sort????

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
~*Red*~ said:
I bought the Carmine becasue I swear I had one before and now I can't find it, and I was wanting it for in case I decide to go back to red. (hair, that is) SO I bought a new one along with Champagne, which I LOVE, btw, and for the life of me, I don't know what I was thinking.. maybe I was confusing Carmine with the Coral??? (Which I STILL can't find) Carmine is way too light on me. :eusa_doh:

So......... if anyone does like the Carmine, would you be interested in a trade or some sort????

I love Champagne too! It's nice to wear on it's own or to use in the center on the bottom lip when wearing a darker color.

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Oh Ladies, I need your help! I have finally decided to treat myself to a Besame lipstick and I just can't decide what color is right for me. Red is my color of choice, but red hot? red velvet? besame red? or dare I try noir red? I have a feeling cherry red will be too blue for me...but I could be wrong.
Any suggestions?

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
ClaraB said:
Oh Ladies, I need your help! I have finally decided to treat myself to a Besame lipstick and I just can't decide what color is right for me. Red is my color of choice, but red hot? red velvet? besame red? or dare I try noir red? I have a feeling cherry red will be too blue for me...but I could be wrong.
Any suggestions?

Well, you didn't really give us any hints as to what type of red you like, so that makes it a little tricky...

I only own Besame Red and Cherry Red, but here are my thoughts on the colors:
  • Red hot is a warm or more of an orange-red.
  • I think they are out of red velvet and I don't think they aren't getting more in, so that one may be a moot point.
  • I feel Besame Red is a true red.
  • Cherry Red is a deep red with some blue to it, think Bing Cherries.
  • Noir Red is a pretty dark red verging on purple.
I think that there might be pics of most, if not all of these either in this thread or in the "Show us you lippy" thread. Good luck!

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Thanks Joie! I had forgotten about the "show us your lippy" thread so I'll take a peek there. So sad about the red velvet, I rather liked the looks of that shade. Thanks again :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
ClaraB said:
Any suggestions?

The cherry red is what I wear when I want a nice, bright red, more of a vintage look than my daily merlot. It's the lipstick that I'm wearing in my avatar. If you have warm tones in your skin,then a bluer red is what you want. If you have cool tones in your skin, you want a warmer red.

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
The cherry red is what I wear when I want a nice, bright red, more of a vintage look than my daily merlot. It's the lipstick that I'm wearing in my avatar. If you have warm tones in your skin,then a bluer red is what you want. If you have cool tones in your skin, you want a warmer red.

Do you mean if you have warm undertones you should use a warm red and cooler undertone a bluer/cooler red? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ