Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

best arch support, rigid insert?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not exactly a fashion question, but I just developed plantar fasciitis and need to get a good pair of inserts. Can't be too spongy/thick as it'll eliminates most of my shoes especially the heely types (which the doc actually recommends, engineers, cowboys), also, need the arch to be actually high enough and has to be rigid. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

BlueAltitudes

Familiar Face
Do you all use Superfeet insoles for your boots sometimes? I would have thought there would be a boot fit that works best over Superfeet. I've only ever used them for running shoes.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Do you all use Superfeet insoles for your boots sometimes? I would have thought there would be a boot fit that works best over Superfeet. I've only ever used them for running shoes.
I use them in hiking boots. They have the plastic arch support thing. Not sure if they all have that or not.

Coriu

One Too Many
Not exactly a fashion question, but I just developed plantar fasciitis and need to get a good pair of inserts. Can't be too spongy/thick as it'll eliminates most of my shoes especially the heely types (which the doc actually recommends, engineers, cowboys), also, need the arch to be actually high enough and has to be rigid. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Have used these for many years. Good luck.
https://www.insoledept.com/Sole_Softec_Ultra_Insoles?manufacturer_id=32

milandro

A-List Customer
I have been recently using superfeet ( 1 green 1 orange) in my Clarks Desert boots and they have been augumenting the shoes' comfort. I didn't have a specific complaint with with fact that the shoes are flat and have no arch support but the size 12 was just too big (while 11 is too small) , so I arrived to this by a process which took me through a few insoles. The superset won because they were a more rigid support than others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB