Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best false eyelashes?

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I tried this tip I read in a magazine on how to make eyelashes look full and thick last night and it worked great! my husband actually thought I was wearing fake lashes.
Brush down with your mascara brush on the top of your upper lashes then on the other side brush up, so that you're coating both sides of your upper lashes.

magneto

Practically Family
Miss Dottie said:
Golly Donna Stewart, I can't remember the name of it! But I believe both Loreal and Revlon come out with a pair. Just look for the double wand ones that mention thickening--they may even feature a picture of a white lash--that's the one to grab!

Good luck on you quest. It's such a tough call--false eyelashes or rings of black gook under my eyes in five hours.

"Maybelline Intense XXL" mascara is one brand with the white "primer" base.

Kaela

Vendor
I'm actually often asked if I wear fake eyelashes and I only wear Maybelline "Illegal Lengths." It just seems to get them really long... I usually am only a "MAC" girl (though I wear Neutrogena foundation because of my skin, MAC is either to thick or sheer for me)
I never wear fake eyelashes because I'm nervous about the process, but my mascara gets them up to my eyebrows bright eyed, I don't think I need any more length!

Girl Friday

Practically Family
Lucky!

My lashes are short and stubby. I would consider wearing false lashes everyday, but I usually have a hard time putting them on. I think I will try the Benefit Bad Lash stuff, I love their products, especially the packaging. Think I'll check out the MAC falsies too! Thanks for the thread! ;)

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
My lashes are short and stubby. I would consider wearing false lashes everyday, but I usually have a hard time putting them on. I think I will try the Benefit Bad Lash stuff, I love their products, especially the packaging. Think I'll check out the MAC falsies too! Thanks for the thread!

Wearing false lashes every day is actually not good to do; the glue can make your own lashes fall out.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if this is true or not also, but, I've always been told to make sure I wash off all eye make-up, especially the lashes cause they can fall out that way also [huh] but on the same note; the best product I've found for removing mascara is Mary Kay eye make up remover.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Certain mascaras (and waterproof is a big no-no on a daily basis because it is very drying) have made my lashes fall out. I also notice that when I wear false lashes for several days in a row, I will lose a tiny clump or two because of the glue :(

Girl Friday

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:
Wearing false lashes every day is actually not good to do; the glue can make your own lashes fall out.
Thanks for the info! I am actually probably too lazy to even try. I have a hard time with false lashes, I usually only use them around Halloween, or after I have had too much caffiene (that's really a bad idea!) :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran