Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best joint to get a cocktail in Nashville?

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Depends greatly on what you prefer to go along with that cocktail. Are you looking for a mellow place to catch some good live music? A place where the locals go, rather than the countless touristy country dives down on lower Broadway?

Personally, if I were in town and free on a Monday night, I'd go catch The Time Jumpers at 3rd & Lindsley. They are a Grammy award-winning local band comprised of a who's who of the Nashville studio set (often including Vince Gill), playing a mix of '40s thru '60s Country and Texas Swing. The Station Inn on 12th Ave. S is another great laid-back place to hear good local music, mostly of an acoustic nature. If you do happen to find yourself on lower Broad, checkout Robert's Western World. Even if Country music is not your normal thing, I always say, "When in Rome . . ."

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Thanks. Actually, We are seeing The Time Jumpers tomorrow. Robert's is a must, Although I miss JD on guitar.

I'm looking to find craft cocktails served by top mixologists. Two places that have been recommended are The Patterson House and Pinewood Social. Both look promising.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Excellent! I have not seen The Time Jumpers since their move to 3rd and Lindsley a couple years ago, but used to be a regular to their old Monday night gig at The Station. Chris Scruggs also does a great traditional (retro) country show most Sunday nights at The Stone Fox, but unfortunately I don't think he's playing there this week.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It's been ten years since my wife and I last visited Nashville. During a prior visit we chanced on Holland House Bar, the cocktails were a work of art. Well the making of them was, I could have just sat at the bar and watched the mixologist all night.

But in ten years things change, hope they are still around. From memory, they are somewhere on W. Eastland Avenue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112