Best Leather Choice for a Wallet?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by MemphisBlues, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Practically Family

Edward,
    Thanks man! Ya, I found the baseball glove wallet guy on eBay. The all-brass "Douglass Field S" lighter is made in Japan, but they're available online. Like you, I also carry a biker/trucker style wallet. I alternate between these:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bn1966, Edward and shadowrider like this.
  2. Preacher Man

Preacher Man A-List Customer

Hello MemphisBlues and welcome to the lounge. A few years back I was searching for a good wallet. Following a suggestion from a fellow lounger here, I found Mitchell Leather at http://www.mitchell-leather.com/Home_Page.php. I have 2 of their wallets. One is the Horween Chromexel, the other is the Horoween Shell Cordovan. They're money clip/wallets, got lots of slots for your plastic too. The best wallets I've ever had as far as both leather quality and manufacturing quality. The best I've seen anyway. Give them a look.

3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

@Sheepdog149 I love that brown Thedi!
    How is it? Will it hold up for some time?

Sheepdog149 likes this.
  4. Sheepdog149

Yes sir, it's definitely tough as old boots!

handymike likes this.
  5. Sheepdog149

Thanks boss! Yep, it's tough as old boots.

6. Sheepdog149

[emoji16][emoji111][​IMG]

Feraud likes this.
  7. MemphisBlues

MemphisBlues One of the Regulars

I looked around long and hard and most exotic leather I found was usually poorly put together. The leather itself was ok but the design or the stitching just was blah at best.

Among those I would consider legitimate or worth the money, I would whole-heartedly recommend Anvil Customs.

As you said, taste could vary, but since I made the original post, I've gotten several wallets from Anvil and was never disappointed. The guy who runs the shop, Ryan, also has a page and a fan page on Facebook, as well as instagram and other social media places where he shows off his work. If you look Ryan up, his designs blow everything else out of the water.

I wasn't too keen on the social status part of it all, but I get some people like that sort of thing. I was more after something that could take a lifetime of beating and not fall apart.

8. MemphisBlues

MemphisBlues One of the Regulars

My new daily carry. Black matte gator with gold coin chainemaile. Made in the USA. Screenshot_20181121-150318.jpg

Edward likes this.
  9. Sheepdog149

[emoji4][emoji1690][​IMG]