Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Underdog movie

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I had to think about this one for a while. There are several Underdog movies that I like, but the one that moved me most was, My Bodyguard. Two underdogs, for completely different reasons, become close friends while fighting the toughs who torment them.

Lee

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Warren Beatty used to like to play the underdog. Two favorites of that genre are "McCabe and Mrs Miller", and "Mickey One".
Of course "North by Northwest" is another. SOOO many others, it's a favorite Hollywood theme, a favorite literary theme, for that matter.
Ever see Jean Paul Belmondo in "That Man from Rio"? Much fun.

Naphtali

Practically Family
While I do not appreciate his personality or politics, and I loathe those of Richard Donner, Mel Gibson's portrayal of Jerry Fletcher in "Conspiracy Theory" (1997) was excellent, poignant. And that's about as underdoggish as one gets outside of a concentration camp.

Blondie

Practically Family
The Woo Woo Kid

Based upon the true story of "Sonny" Wisecarver. In 1944, Sonny made headlines nationwide due to his affairs with 2 older adult women. (ie. He was so irresistible, that he was a danger to women everywhere) Eventually being taken to court by the local authorities. He was only 15.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Doh! said:
Animal House.

("...was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!??")

Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet?
Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner?
Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear.
Every spring, the toilets explode.

But seriously... BATAAN (RKO, 1943)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035664/
135059.jpg

Haversack

One Too Many
Any number of the late 1940s comedies from Ealing Studios. _Passport to Pimlico_, _The Titfield Thunderbolt_, etc. Of this lot, I would nominate _Whisky Galore_, (or _Tight Little Island_ as the Hays Office had it called in the States.)

Haversack.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Story said:
Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet?
Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner?
Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear.
Every spring, the toilets explode.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana