Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big Ben 1939 clock radio reproduction

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
There was a big buzz here a couple years ago when these Big Ben repros showed up at Big Lots! This 1939 clock radio is no longer in production and incredibly hard to find. I have one that has barely been used, in like new working condition. Face lights up and has 2 different brightness settings. $15 + shipping.

41H5E7AJQRL._SS500_.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
For clarification: Is this an actual 1939 radio, or a reproduction of one? It looks like it has an FM band, which would make it a repro (albeit a much more useful one in the 21st century.)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
For clarification: Is this an actual 1939 radio, or a reproduction of one? It looks like it has an FM band, which would make it a repro (albeit a much more useful one in the 21st century.)

As stated in the title and the listing, it is a modern reproduction of the 1939 model.

Edward

Bartender
Lovely looking unit. I wish someone would do something like this with a DAB receiver in it; FM isn't going to be an awful lot of use here in the UK within a couple of years.

Samski

New in Town
There was a big buzz here a couple years ago when these Big Ben repros showed up at Big Lots! This 1939 clock radio is no longer in production and incredibly hard to find. I have one that has barely been used, in like new working condition. Face lights up and has 2 different brightness settings. $15 + shipping.

41H5E7AJQRL._SS500_.jpg
I would like to purchase this clock radio, if it is still available??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto