Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso Californian/Surrogate...

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the updated pics.

I'm considering getting one but damn, that Liberty HH shows a lot of wear quickly! All that from 1 year of regular use?!

What is it going to look like after 10 years!?
To be fair it hasn't exactly been worn into an office. I've worn it falling off dirt bikes, falling down stairs, falling down hills. Lots of falling apparently. Thing's seen some action. But yes to your point it does age much quicker than your standard leather jacket.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
To be fair it hasn't exactly been worn into an office. I've worn it falling off dirt bikes, falling down stairs, falling down hills. Lots of falling apparently. Thing's seen some action. But yes to your point it does age much quicker than your standard leather jacket.

Ah ok, that must explain it!

I'm just reading some threads over on VLJ re BK leather and how it ages and their military jackets made of Liberty have MUCH less dramatic aging than yours, they still show some aging but nothing like this!

Thanks for the extra info.

Can I ask how you sized the sleeve length? Did you have to request them extra long to get the fold over or is that the standard length?

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Ah ok, that must explain it!

I'm just reading some threads over on VLJ re BK leather and how it ages and their military jackets made of Liberty have MUCH less dramatic aging than yours, they still show some aging but nothing like this!

Thanks for the extra info.

Can I ask how you sized the sleeve length? Did you have to request them extra long to get the fold over or is that the standard length?
I thought the stock size 48 sleeve length was going to be perfect, but it ended up feeling a little long. I had no intentions originally of folding over the cuff but that's what I had to end up doing. So in hindsight I should have ordered it with shorter sleeves. The folded cuff look is cool and all but sometimes I wish I didn't have to do it.

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
@Tommer45 , were you the one who made an action movie in a leather jacket? Was this the one?
Haha yep! I used to make home movies with an Indiana Jones type of character for my daughters when they were little and that's all they wanted to watch. So when we were all home during quarantine I figured I'd make another. Even though I'm old af now. But yeah I wore this jacket.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been in touch with Andy from Big Kelso regarding a Surrogate jacket and gained some other info I thought others might be interested in, I hope he doesn't mind me sharing.

It seems that the "standard" sleeve length is quite long (I'm assuming as per the original). A size 42 comes with a 27.5inch sleeve, although he did say they are happy to adjust that size at no cost.

He is sending me some samples of the Liberty and Badallassi , interestingly they aren't stocking Shinki anymore (or just now) due to supply inconsistency. The are working on more Victory but have no eta at this stage.

As of April 2023 they are quoting an approx 4 month wait

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points