Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bills Khakis . . . what do you think ?

wharrell

New in Town
Bills Khakis: Bills 15th Anniversary Signature Edition Khaki

For all of us guys that wear the Bill's Khakis, you will probably be interested in these coming out next month:

In 1990 the very first pair of Bills Khakis rolled off the line. To celebrate our 15-years of making authentic American made khakis, we introduce our 15th Anniversary "Signature Edition" Vintage Twills.

Each pair is constructed from 3-by-1 "right hand" twill that weighs a stout 10 ounces per square yard, about 20% heavier than our original twill (original twill is 8.5 ounces). The cloth has been premium aged well beyond its years with our 15-year wash. The pockets are cut from our 8.5 ounce 100% cotton twill. The brass zipper is the heaviest grade we have ever sewn into a garment

Finally, each pair has been personally signed by company founder Bill Thomas. Like each of you, this collector's item is one of a kind.

Oconnells up in Buffalo New York is taking reservations for them:

http://www.oconnellsclothing.com/trousers.php

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

Does anybody here know anything about O'Connnell's Khakis that are listed on the same page?

They're somewhat more reasonable than Bill's.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I think what it says is that the O'Connell's Khakis (their house brand) are $69. The regular Bill's Khakis are $95.
The 15 year anniversary pants don't have a price listed.

jacksprat

New in Town
Prices

O'Connell's is selling the Aniversary Bills Signature for $155 and another 5 bucks shipping and handling. Their private label khaki is $69.95 - a really nice deal for a well constructed trouser. I do know that O'Connell's will have a limited supply of the Bills Signature khaki, so they recommend reserving a pair now.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Bill Khaki's have the best sized watch pocket of any trousers out there....bar none! It will hold any size watch from an 18s down. Regards! Michaelson

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Whew! $155, that's a bunch of dough. I couldn't justify it, as khakis, for me, are just a rung above blue jeans as far as pants are concerned, and I don't own any blue jeans. I wouldn't mind getting a pair of the O'Connell's. Nice that they come with buttons for braces.

Brad

Bebop

Practically Family
Marketing hype is one of the most unbelievable freedoms we have as Americans. God bless whoever gets your $155 for a pair of pants. :cheers1:

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
the regular Bill's khakis are really comfortable,well made and cut correctly for a vintage look. As for the signature edition...well I think I'll pass on that. Far too rich for my blood. If any of our more "well-heeled" members take the plunge please give us a review. ;)

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Bill's Khakis review

I recently got a pair of Bill's Khakis model M1 flat-fronts in the British khaki color in the heavy cotton material. They are simply the best and most interesting khakis I have ever owned.

The M1 models (both pleated and flat-front) have a nice long rise. Longer than any other modern off-the-rack trouser I have ever seen. The legs are cut nice and full and the material is nice and thick, I bet it will last a long time before wearing out. The best part is that the workmanship and quality is head and shoulders above other brands I have tried. Plus they have details like a front watch pocket for a pocketwatch. I have never seen another pair of modern pants with a pocketwatch pocket until these.

I had mine cuffed with 1.75 inch thick cuffs and also had suspender buttons added by my tailor. I wish I had a digital camera to add pics, if I am able to borrow one I will add some.

I know some people thought that the Bill's legs tapered more than vintage pants should. They come unhemmed and mine are now cuffed at a 30-inch inseam. The bottom circumference of the leg is 19". Personally I wouldn't even want the leg to be much wider at the bottom. Perhaps one inch, at most. But the way they are looks perfect on me anyway.

I never liked flat-front pants before, because all the modern cuts I had found fit me terribly and looked terrible. But these are great, I am now a convert to flat-front pants (at lease on khakis.)

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well done, Vladmir,
I have the same pants. I bought them about a month ago and love them as well. I did not cuff mine. There was plenty of variation on that account during the war. My only complaint was that you are never going to get an 18s pocketwatch in that pocket!

But still, you wrote a great review and I could not agree with you more!

High regards,

HJ

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Bill's will probably last a good long time. I know mine will as I was a size 36 waist when I got them and since I returned to regular exercise I dropped back to my (previously) regular size 32. Now my Bill's don't fit. Well, it's a small price to pay to be healthy. At least I can snag some of the vintage goods that I passed up in my "fuller" days:rolleyes: The British khaki is a really nice color and you're right about the high waist. It's quite high and looks killer with an A-2. Mr. H, if you do a search you'll find the Bill's web site where you can order direct. They also have a search function where you can find local stores that carry their product. Cheers!

Salv

One Too Many
Mr. 'H' said:
HJ -

Do you have a link to where to buy these?

Mr. 'H' - there's a shop in London that sells them: John Simons in Covent Garden. They don't have on online store but you can phone and order a pair, which would probably work out cheaper than ordering from the US. Contact details are on the home page, and this is the page for Bill's Khakis.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys. Thanks Salv, that link is very useful - I'll be on to it on Monday.

I'm interested in the high-rise WWII original. Would the pair sans pleat be preferable or more authentic than the pair with?

I'd be seeking the more casual look....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk