Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Biltmore hats mothballed .

59Lark

Practically Family
Now i may have missed a digest already mentioned this if so please forgive me ,i could find one and i have not visited the lounge much lately. Visited with my brother who lives three blocks from biltmore factory and he tells me that the factory is mothballed and shut down, the owner looking for finiancing , he says in a article that he has 400,000 worth of orders on the books and he needs someone to finance , lend them about a million at a reasonable rate for about four years, any lounger can spare that please call biltmore if you wish. My brother says he is a really nice fella and treats his help and the community well just didnt have enough dough to really run it right and he says the finiancing he had is just too high of interest rates. Venture capital sure isnt what it was, I sure would hate to see this manufacturer go, they employ 20 something people down from 350 back before the war, wow what a change of the world. Now i only own two biltmore due to cost but they are nice fedoras. if any vendors know what the updated story on this continueing saga please post it here. 59Lark.

Pompidou

One Too Many
It's good that it saved jobs, but it's bad because competition is what the hat industry needs. Prices can only get so low before profit is a concern. Quality has no upper limit. We need them to fight a war on both fronts if the consumer hopes to win. Hatco and DP have it in them to build a quality product, but they have no real reason to. Hopefully they get one soon enough.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
59Lark said:
Now i may have missed a digest already mentioned this if so please forgive me ,i could find one and i have not visited the lounge much lately. Visited with my brother who lives three blocks from biltmore factory and he tells me that the factory is mothballed and shut down, the owner looking for finiancing , he says in a article that he has 400,000 worth of orders on the books and he needs someone to finance , lend them about a million at a reasonable rate for about four years, any lounger can spare that please call biltmore if you wish. My brother says he is a really nice fella and treats his help and the community well just didnt have enough dough to really run it right and he says the finiancing he had is just too high of interest rates. Venture capital sure isnt what it was, I sure would hate to see this manufacturer go, they employ 20 something people down from 350 back before the war, wow what a change of the world. Now i only own two biltmore due to cost but they are nice fedoras. if any vendors know what the updated story on this continueing saga please post it here. 59Lark.
My son attended hockey camp in Guelph for three summers, and had I known that Biltmore was located there I surely would have stopped by. The Toronto area where Guelph is located is certainly very nice, and I hope for the city that the factory rolls again. Meantime you've got dynamite hockey there.

59Lark

Practically Family
back in production and running

My brother sent me a email lately that the biltmore factory is running again, and into production. The usa connection has put a million or more in the coffers so production can start up again and the orders are flowing again.
But it is sad too think that in the fifites they had hundreds of employees and now they have 16. 59Lark:D

Dewhurst

Practically Family
59Lark said:
But it is sad too think that in the fifites they had hundreds of employees and now they have 16. 59Lark:D

Things change, just have to learn to carry on. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk