Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Birdcage Veil How To

shamrocq

New in Town
Hi can anyone help me on how to DIY a birdcage veil that sits at an angle on the head? I found some instructions on the web but it's mostly for a bandeau style. This is what I'm trying to achieve:
http://www.unveiledbridaldesigns.com/catalog/item/1874049/4115775.htm

I tried the instruction in VintageSewing website but the veil looks like a lampshade sticking out of my head and wouldn't stay near the face. I tried steaming it but it doesn't help. Anyone experience this before?

Many thanks

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What type of veil or material are you using? She is using a French, high-quality millinery veil, which comes with a coating of stiffiner to keep those angles up and stiff.

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

shamrocq said:
Hi Vintage Betty. I'm using 8 inch Russian veiling for milinery purpose.

I'm not familiar with that type of veiling. Do you have a link to a sellers site with pics and a detailed description?

Vintage Betty

shamrocq

New in Town
Hi I just found out this online Leko hat supply shop. I just placed my order for 18 inch French Veiling. Would you have a rough guide for me to make the angle style veil?

Vintage Betty

shamrocq said:
Hi I just found out this online Leko hat supply shop. I just placed my order for 18 inch French Veiling. Would you have a rough guide for me to make the angle style veil?

I have lots of millinery books, so I'd be happy to look for a pattern. But help me out here - is this for a veiling alone to be attached with pins, or do you want it to be centered on top of a hat?

Vintage Betty

shamrocq

New in Town
Oh thank you very much Vintage Betty. I just want the veil alone to be attach on a toupe clip. I wanna make sort of a feather fascinator 'hat' (without an actual hat ofcourse). Thanks again. The instructions I found online are more bandeau look (attached with 2 sides). After many frustrations with my current veil, I couldn't figure out how to do a decent 1 pin veil. Like I want the effect like my veil radiates from the fascinator. I will attach the fascinator separately.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Brutal Honesty (and Help) Please!!

A good friend is getting married in one week. She wanted to make a sort of bird cage veil but she didn't really have any idea how to go about it. I tried to help her out (I have no experience!) and I ended up making it for her.

The first go around it wasn't really right but she insisted that it was perfect. Then I totally revised it and we both agree it turned out better. Now she's saying it's exactly what she wants but I'm worried that it's not quite right and she's just being polite. What do you think? Should I try redoing it completely at this point or just let it go because she says she's happy with it?

3599179493_a902bf86f2_o.jpg

3599179427_05d72a3fcb_o.jpg

3599989746_bc77bb4fb6_o.jpg

3599179333_b692e1a317_o.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
Audreu, that looks great to me anyway, i dont think your friend would accept wearing to her own wedding omething she didnt like, if she says she likes it must be because she does it!!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk