Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Birthday Want Ad

I'mSuzyParker

Familiar Face
I thought this was so darn clever, I wanted to share. In Tuesday's Post Gazette, the following "ad" was placed in the Celebrations section:

"Pam Sherwood - Middle Aged Man Seeks Wife

Must be 56 years of age on January 12 and have 35 years of marriage experience. Prefer a wife named Pam who is fearfully and wonderfully made. Am enchanted by her mature curves. Continue to be allured by the beauty of her eyes, captured by her smile, dazzled by her humor, intelligence, warmth and love for over 3 decades. More than anything, wish to refute the magazines and movies that make her doubt her attractiveness. Will stay by her side as we grow old together. Please contact Craig for a good time. You know my number. It's right next to the key to my heart. Happy Birthday."

What do you all think? Is this sweet? Not sure who Pam Sherwood is, but I thought some of you might enjoy.

Anyone have any simliar type story of an offbeat gift or proclamation from a sweetheart. I just found it heartwarming on a cold Pennsylvania day.

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Ok, I admit, I'm a sucker for anything romantic, and THAT totally takes the cake. I LOVE it.

My husband always calls me his bride, still, even after 10 years of marriage.

:D

~Red

DerMann

Practically Family
When seeking a date for my senior promenade, I enclosed a request to said dance, written in Spencerian script, within the case of a Rick Astley Cassette, whose first track was 'Never Gonna Give You Up.' Gave it to a girl I had been quite interested in for some time.

She appreciated it as much as I did. Best $4 I've spent, quite possibly, in my lifetime.

VintageRed

Familiar Face
DerMann said:
When seeking a date for my senior promenade, I enclosed a request to said dance, written in Spencerian script, within the case of a Rick Astley Cassette, whose first track was 'Never Gonna Give You Up.' Gave it to a girl I had been quite interested in for some time.

She appreciated it as much as I did. Best $4 I've spent, quite possibly, in my lifetime.

I hope some vastly interesting and smart girl has had the sense to snap you up.
:D

~Red

DerMann

Practically Family
Sadly, no, not at the moment. All-male colleges can stunt one's social life quite easily.

This thread (both the topic and the posters) reminds me of the lyrics to a rather old song, Forty Seven Ginger Headed Sailors:

There's a lady, by the name of Taylor,
pray'd that she'd be marrying a sailor.
In the matchmaker's guide, a notice she spied,
which read a lonely sailor with read hair seeks a bride.

She wrote to say, 'my old dear darling coppertop,
I'll meet you at the train.'
She's forty and a widow, she signs herself as 'kiddo,'
She doesn't know she'll have to entertain....

Forty seven ginger headed sailors....

That's probably the driving force behind my decision to never post a personal advert in any sort of medium (be it physical or electronic).

Esme

One of the Regulars
ROFLMAO - You rickrolled her!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickroll

DerMann said:

Miss Sis

One Too Many
DerMann said:
This thread (both the topic and the posters) reminds me of the lyrics to a rather old song, Forty Seven Ginger Headed Sailors:

There's a lady, by the name of Taylor,
pray'd that she'd be marrying a sailor.
In the matchmaker's guide, a notice she spied,
which read a lonely sailor with read hair seeks a bride.

She wrote to say, 'my old dear darling coppertop,
I'll meet you at the train.'
She's forty and a widow, she signs herself as 'kiddo,'
She doesn't know she'll have to entertain....

Forty seven ginger headed sailors....

:eek:fftopic: I know this song well but have never seen these lyrics. Perhaps they changed them in the States? I know they used to do that with lots of songs 'back in the day'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana