Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bizarre Vintage "Heat Massager"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah, I know I'm opening myself (ouch) up to jokes by admitting that I just won this. But hey, it was uber-cheap (forgot how to get an umlaut) and the box is very funny. It's a vintage (apparently 1950s) "heat massager," year unknown, and the condition seems to be perfect. Good for "muscular aches"! Sounds a little too Mad Men, but .... Take a look and tell me what you think ... the girl on the box is a real looker, too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110454164481&ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:US:1123

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
vibrator-ad.jpg

Dr Doran

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Hey, you're the one buying "personal massagers," not me.

Well, well, well, will you listen to Little Miss "I Passed The Bar Exam And Now I'm The Riposte Queen." :p ;)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Well, whatever. But please take note, the item seems to be from the UK. They have 220 volt power there. If you try to plug it in, funny things might happen. It will probably get half as hot as it's meant to, or something. Of course it will have an incompatible plug, too. Anyway, post some pics of it when you receive it.
Edit: Yes, looking closer, I see it says "Made inEngland" and "200 to 250 volt". Good luck!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
I missed that MadMen scene, but my barber does have an electric hand massage deal that he uses on you after a haircut, shave, etc...
It fits on his hand like a glove and buzzes like a nest of wasps, but it feels great!

Dr Doran

I mean ... I mean ... not that I want to USE that weird thing, just have it on a shelf for novelty value (turns beet red; FADE OUT.)

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Oh you guys!

The term “Vibrator” back in those days was just for an electric massager… Not marketed as a massager for the alternative southern massage for the lonley!:eek:

I think that item is neat; too bad it is from England where their current is a bit different as well as the plugs. But, you may be able to find an adaptor or some kind of current converter for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk