Black Sheep Hat Works

Discussion in 'Hats' started by jlee562, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Guitar76

Guitar76 New in Town

Great hat! My only issue was hearing from people who received a hat when they placed a deposit 6-7 months after me. That just didn’t make sense.

hatsRme, deadlyhandsome and Tukwila like this.
  2. Tukwila

Tukwila My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yeah, I had that concern too...

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  3. Raybuntu

Raybuntu Familiar Face

Well Bob wrote me end of last year that he wants my hat done by Christmas and that didn't happen. I will blame covid for it. For me canceling it is not an option. I have waited almost two and a half years now and fingers crossed. If it takes another year so be it but in the end I will post the results here and hopefully be a happy customer.

4. ChicagoWayVito

ChicagoWayVito Practically Family

I am sure that the hat will be nice as Bob's work looks great from all the others that have received theirs. Hopefully, it will arrive sooner than being any later than it already is. Please do post pictures when it arrives. While blaming COVID is easy to do these days, I wouldn't blame it in this case as 2-1/2 years waiting is a long time already. Good luck.

5. Tukwila

If you quote someone 12 months, I think 2-1/2 years is unconscionable... and still no hat? Wow.

Rumad, Ross Young, Rmccamey and 7 others like this.
  6. Blackthorn

Blackthorn I'll Lock Up

No hatmaker should be trusted after that.

7. Raybuntu

Raybuntu Familiar Face

It has been way to long for me to just cancel the order and request a refund. I am pretty sure Bob would do it but then all this time waiting would be for nothing. I hope to get it by the end of this year.

Tukwila likes this.
  8. Azwhitemountains

Azwhitemountains New in Town

Bob just posted in Instagram that he is no longer taking custom orders so that he can work on fulfilling existing orders. I'm only 8 months into my wait, but hopefully this means faster fulfilment times for everyone.

9. Raybuntu

Raybuntu Familiar Face

10. Bill Hughes

Bill Hughes Call Me a Cab

That's an extremely good looking hat. The ribbon is awesome. I'd be more then willing to wait a few months for that.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  11. steur

steur

It's a fantastic looking hat and from the pictures I can't see anything wrong with it. Two and a half years is still a long time though.

Rmccamey and deadlyhandsome like this.
  12. Raybuntu

Raybuntu Familiar Face

Thanks. It is a a very nice hat. As I have explained in the comments of the Album the issues are minor and mostly me nitpicking. I am happy I have got it. I guess thst after waiting 2.5 years I got my expectations really really high.

deadlyhandsome, belfastboy and steur like this.
  13. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

After 2 1/2 years it better get up early and make my coffee, too.

14. Tukwila

I love the look, and the ribbon is phenomenal. Nice peek-a-boo liner, too.

My hat took about 2 years. There were a couple things I asked for that didn't come through in the final example, too. I have grown to love it more over time. Hopefully, you will experience the same.

Scooterz likes this.
  15. Tukwila

Past time, IMO. Hopefully, Bob gets caught up and can get his work estimates more accurate for his customers.

belfastboy and deadlyhandsome like this.