Black Vanson Comet PLU-3 size 46 for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by tnjyoung, Dec 27, 2018.

1. tnjyoung

tnjyoung A-List Customer

I am selling my black Vanson Comet PLU-3 Competition weight black cafe racer. Please follow link for details. If I could sell outside ebay to a forum member that would save me some fees.

I started the listing at $250, but I am hoping to get $300+ by end of auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163454330896

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  2. steve u

steve u A-List Customer

tnjyoung, Link's not working for me...fyi
    steve

3. tnjyoung

tnjyoung A-List Customer

Sorry Steve, I have scheduled the auction to begin at 6PM EST. I will update the link once that time has passed.

Up for auction is my Vanson Comet Plu-3 Black Leather Cafe Racer. The “Plu-3” simply means that this Comet is +3 inches longer than the standard comet. This means it wears like a regular jacket, falling just below the belt line. It has a two chest pockets, a single interior pocket, zip sleeves, and internal snaps to receive authentic Vanson add-ons.

This jacket is in excellent condition, is heavy, and will provide the wearer with protection against motorcycle crashes “like a second skin”, but it could also be worn as a fashion piece.

I wore this jacket for one motorcycle season (about 6 months) before selling my motorcycle. This jacket was purchased through www.thurston-bros.com new for around $650. It is made in the USA and has nickel hardware.

I am 6’ tall with a 36” waist and a 44” chest.

Due to this being a natural product (leather) there can be slight variations, marks, blemishes, etc. that may not be explicitly described.

Dimensions:

Length-26.5”

Sleeve-26”

Shoulder to shoulder-20.5”

Pit to pit-24.5”

The good:

Made in USA

LOOK

FEEL

thick leather

Protection

Long-lasting

style

The bad:

This jacket is not damaged, but can be sometimes difficult to get to zip due to the bi-directional zipper (it can be unzipped from the bottom up for comfort).

Please ask questions and view photos (considered part of the description) before purchase. I do not accept returns.

4. tnjyoung

tnjyoung A-List Customer

Link has been corrected. Thank you for letting me know.

5. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

Is this jacket still for sale ? ebay auction says "finished" ?

I would be interested from Perth Western Australia

6. tnjyoung

tnjyoung A-List Customer

I am sorry, but this jacket sold within minutes last night on ebay. I guess I priced it too low. Thank you for your interest.

7. Downunder G Man

How long did you have the auction set to run ?

Was it a "buy it now " ?

If so , why even mention it on here ?

8. tnjyoung

tnjyoung A-List Customer

I had the auction set to run 7 days. It was not a "buy it now", but it did have a place to make offers. I always list leather goods that I have here and on ebay. Usually if there is interest here, I will take down the ebay listing. In this case, the jacket sold very quickly.

9. Downunder G Man

I thought it was a good buy at $300 and was going to offer that , and thru' the FL you would have had no ebay or paypal fees.

I just last month bought a Schott 689H thru the forums , posted to Australia no problems.

Such is life. Next time

10. tnjyoung

tnjyoung A-List Customer

I know, I feel a bit sick about it. Losing money, plus not getting to let it go to FL member. Next time I will list here for a day or two first. So sorry my friend.

El Marro likes this.
  11. Downunder G Man

At least you can hope the ebay thing is all smooth for you. Don't take any static from the buyer I would say !

Long thread on the lounge just the last couple of months regarding selling on ebay

General consensus was not good for sellers no more. I am only ever an ebay buyer , never a seller

ebay fees/paypal fees etc etc , buyer has "all the power" and so on.

12. tnjyoung

tnjyoung A-List Customer

Thank you. Any problems at all and I will share them on here and resist only on here.