Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Blazers

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Bumping this thread now the sun has come out. Samuel Windsor has been reincarnated but not the sort of choice that appeals to me.
shirts and blazer 013.JPG
Here's that Samuel Windsor blazer that you can see in the photo above, the reason for showing you is for the shirt that I am wearing. Has anyone bought from Chester Cordite? (How I love that name.)
Most of their stock is aimed at the younger generation, nothing wrong with that of course, but when the waistline no longer tapers in and the product is just what you're looking for, it can be rather frustrating.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Striped blazer.JPG

Today I met my new tailor, he is going to make me a new sports blazer,
it will be in various shades of bottle green and black with a subtle white
stripe, a small white stripe that is. Now I have to wait six weeks. But at
least, the green and cream brogues are on their way. Now all I need are
some Argyle socks.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
saints blazer.jpg
This is a sports blazer in the colours of The Rugby team that I support.
It's rather expensive and although I keep looking at it, I can't justify the cost.

Edward

Bartender
Bumping this thread now the sun has come out. Samuel Windsor has been reincarnated but not the sort of choice that appeals to me.
View attachment 411282
Here's that Samuel Windsor blazer that you can see in the photo above, the reason for showing you is for the shirt that I am wearing. Has anyone bought from Chester Cordite? (How I love that name.)
Most of their stock is aimed at the younger generation, nothing wrong with that of course, but when the waistline no longer tapers in and the product is just what you're looking for, it can be rather frustrating.

Cordite have some very nice looking bits; they've come a long way since I first saw them at Rhythm Riot about ten years ago. Can't tell how forgiving they aren't though - not tried them yet. I am looking currently also at Penahaus in Portugal. Heard good things but never had a chance to handle them. Their 50s cut suit looks very nice, and a fairly forgiving shape for those of us who don't have the chest to waist drop we once did - https://www.penahaus.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=173 Range of blazers in the same cut too. Only drawback I can see is they don't make it easy to see exactly which trousers to buy to have a spare pair with the jacket, but I'm sure that could be worked out. I rather fancy a lot of their shoes, too.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Brown blazer and baggies 002.JPG
The blazer that I am wearing garners many a compliment. My wife, Tina, came across it at a trader's stall at one of the festivals we attend. Which one is lost in the mists of time. The blazer won't fasten because of my belly, but I still wear it, leaving it unbuttoned.

The search for something similar has been an uphill task. I have even tried fabric suppliers, hoping that if I could find the cloth a tailor could do the rest. All to no avail, then I came across a theatrical costumiers who had something similar, but not quite.
striped-blazer2.jpg

Put it this way, I don't dislike it, but it doesn't sort of tick all the boxes. I gave the company a call, thanked them and said that it's the nearest that I have found. They, having seen a few photos of Tina & I that sent them, suggested another blazer that I might like.
Striped-Blazer.jpg
They are not wrong. Got to have that. Watch this space.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 430400
Today I met my new tailor, he is going to make me a new sports blazer,
it will be in various shades of bottle green and black with a subtle white
stripe, a small white stripe that is. Now I have to wait six weeks. But at
least, the green and cream brogues are on their way. Now all I need are
some Argyle socks.
Green Blazer 015.JPG

The new blazer has arrived, I am delighted with it. Look out for more photos.