Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boater recommendations?

Edward

Bartender
I've been very happy with my Olney boater here in the UK - not sure if they're available over in the US. N.B.: if you're new to wearing a boater, avoid gatherings featuring large numbers of inebriated young ladies who think every hat is fancy dress and that they're entitled to ask to try it on...

I've been very happy with my Olney boater here in the UK - not sure if they're available over in the US. N.B.: if you're new to wearing a boater, avoid gatherings featuring large numbers of inebriated young ladies who think every hat is fancy dress and that they're entitled to ask to try it on...

Now you have me thinking I should wear my boaters more often. ;)

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Crown height isn't usually a variable on boaters, is it? Sometimes you can choose between a 2" or 3" brim, or different color ribbons, but I don't think I've ever seen a choice of heights. And I've been interested in boaters a long time - this me circa 1967:

straw2.jpg

No luck on the Ponte Rialto yet (esp. 7 5/8), but this one looks okay, except I'd prefer a different ribbon.
https://www.delmonicohatter.com/product/IT44.htm

I don't know what crown height is suitable for me yet, so that's a concern.

Send me a PM in a couple weeks (after the holidays) and I can show you a Ponte Rialto in 7 5/8 that I’d sell. I ended up with two of these identical boaters. As an aside, my experience with Ponte Rialto boaters with the Bon-Ton-Ivy floating sweatbands is they run large, and the sweatband “suspension” allows for me to comfortably also wear size 7 1/2.

jdouglasj

Familiar Face
Send me a PM in a couple weeks (after the holidays) and I can show you a Ponte Rialto in 7 5/8 that I’d sell. I ended up with two of these identical boaters. As an aside, my experience with Ponte Rialto boaters with the Bon-Ton-Ivy floating sweatbands is they run large, and the sweatband “suspension” allows for me to comfortably also wear size 7 1/2.
Will do! And shoot me an email if you are ever selling any other stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points