Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bob Dong advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Talking of Chinese makers, I took my non-stock prison stripe top out today, really nice weight and quality - early Scottish springs tend to hang on to winter's hard edge. I can see myself returning for more of this stuff. It's not Real McCoy standard, but for the money, the designs and quality are very on point.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Scottish spring laddie ? It was 12C here in Western Australia this morning so it was my new exRussia Aero steerhide Highwayman on the way to work Brrr...no jacket on the way home as it will be 28C

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Sorry I got my temperature prediction "wrang" !

It was 32C on the way home due to a lack of seabreeze ( which is what keeps Perth WA liveable most of the summer !)

Aero steerhide"Jaikit" was in the back sat of the old banger non air conditioned car all the way home ....

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
12 C is almost too warm to wear a leather jacket for me. At 28 C I'm dreaming about moving someplace colder. Thankfully we don't have many 28 C days where I live. Too warm to think and move and breathe.

Mich486

One Too Many
I came to the conclusions that is all a matter of habit and how one is brought up.

Before coming to the UK (London) I’ve never seen anybody being fine with just at t-shirt at 7am in the morning and 7 degrees. This is a bit extreme maybe but it’s very common to see people wearing t-shirts when it’s around 10-12c. No surprise then that when it’s in the early 20s people start complaining it’s too hot and when it gets to 25c (like 10 days in a year excluding last year) everybody carries a bottle of water and there are warnings everywhere to stay hydrated (lol). There is only that many layers one can take off!

Where I’m from (northern Italy) we have 4 seasons with relatively cold winters (-5 to 5, so very similar to the south of England) and hot and humid summers (28-32). People tend to wear much more layers in winter than what I’m seeing here (I now sometime find my fellow nationals a bit ridiculous at how wrapped up they go around) but I believe the average person starts wearing a t-shirt outside at around 23C. Until 30c isn’t considered hot and 25c is considered the perfect temperature. 15c definitely requires a jacket and possibly a scarf! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Reminds me of taking a trip to Egypt during February. Left Glasgow in pouring, freezing cold rain, touched down in Cairo in a relatively balmy 22C with blue skies. Given how nice the weather was, I was wandering around in t-shirt and jeans, attracting some very strange looks from the locals who were uniformly wrapped in scarfs and jackets.

Edward

Bartender
Reminds me of taking a trip to Egypt during February. Left Glasgow in pouring, freezing cold rain, touched down in Cairo in a relatively balmy 22C with blue skies. Given how nice the weather was, I was wandering around in t-shirt and jeans, attracting some very strange looks from the locals who were uniformly wrapped in scarfs and jackets.

Ha, had that experience in India in FEb 2013 - Mumbai, Puna, Hyderabaad, Dehli.... 22-30 all week. I was in linen and a straw hat while the locals dressed for Winter. Best one I've seen was one of my primary school teachers, back in the eighties, did a year long teacher exchange with a teacher in Hawaiiai. She brought back photos of her taching in their "Winter" - her in a Summer dress and all the Wnidows open because the heat was suffocating her, while the kids are sitting their with their Wintercoats on. Ha!

HONG KONG brand would sound a lot cooler than Bob Dong

I don't know about China, but in much of the world they wouldn't be able to protect a simply geographic mark like "Hong Kong" as a trade mark. Certainly not in the UK, or - from what I recall (my TM law is prety rusty) across the EU.

I see Bob Dong have a 28oz selvedge denim jean, which has my curiosity piqued. I wrote to ask them how much shrinkage to expect in my Dong so I can know the right size to buy. I hope the translator handles that properly.
Cold water wash will certainly cause some degree of shrinkage.
tenor.gif

Edward

Bartender
Now now!

I'm just waiting for the big sizes; I'm sold on the product already. With jeans, though, I always try to allow for at least a 36" leg, that way even after quited some shrinkage I can still get a cuff.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
28oz sounds like a good weight.... im intriqued... but i have 2 pretty much brand new jeans, cant imagine doing 3 pants rotation.

Edward

Bartender
I'd certainly be curious to try it in the depths of Winter. Could be interesting for those who ride, too - not that I'd trust any weight of denim on its own, but over one of those kevalr longjohns things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk