Bob Dong Wabash Indigo pants

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by regius, Jan 15, 2019.

1. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

A quick impression on a pair of Bob Dong wabash indigo jeans that just arrived (3 week lead time over the holidays).
    Very nicely made, the cotton drill is thicker than the hickory denim fabric on Pointers, but not crisp and not rigid. It not fluffy soft either, so just the right hand. I guess it’s not meant to be stiff so it’s not stiff. Details of pockets and rivets are all pleasant to the eyes, the color is on the light blue side. China has a long tradition of indigo dye industry so I think this is a matter of designers choice. I was expecting a darker blue but it’s nice for a change from the Iron Heart black wabash pants. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hardware feels heavy and high quality.

Worth $155? Not sure about the cost but I’m sure Bob Dong makes a big profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I've bought some of the Chinese work wear - a wabash 30s jacket - and it's great stuff. Looking forward to digging it out again in the summer.

Edward likes this.
  3. Edward

Edward Bartender

THe Bob Dong and Bronson stuff I've seen in pretty impressive, and comes in at a price where I could actually imagine using it for its design purpose. I wish I could find these thins for sale in Beijing; fingers crossed that there might be a stockist in the new mall that was due to open beside the hotel we use for work when I'm next out there. I'm probably too big at the minute for the trousers, but looking at eBay there might well bed some of the jackets I'd fit.

regius likes this.
  4. flyboy_fx

flyboy_fx New in Town

How is the rise on these? I like a good mid to high rise pant. And did you order your actual waist size or size up? Wondering how they'll do in the wash.

5. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

They are not that expensive on Taobao. Problem is foreigners cannot access taobao and dealers are selling these items on Aliexpress, ebay, Amazon at a hefty premium.

6. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Front rise is like a Levi’s 501, not high. I was especially concerned

7. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

How’s the brick mortar retail business in China? Also dying like in the us?

8. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

Those look pretty good and the price is not bad either. Unfortunately what kills it for me is the rise. It's always the damn rise!!

9. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Out of curiosity how low is it?
    Not that I’m in the market. They look cool but I’d be too self conscious in them.

10. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

Taobao is thriving so I guess people do like to shop online.

11. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

Looks they're selling them through Amazon.com now too, $116 there at the moment.

I'd be tempted but I think I'm on the edge of the sizing.