Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bogart's Suit from The Big Sleep on Ebay

havershaw

Practically Family
You should look at all the auctions those folks have.

If I were a rich man...well, I wouldn't be for long.

That Bogart suit is the coolest thing...ever.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Disappointing

I am not stating this is not as claimed, but I would think an Ebay auction on such an item would have MUCH more details, size, condition, pictures of the inside, close up of fabric, photo of the inside WB label.

Would you sell a vintage, restored, rare car just by snapping one photo of it from across the street? I think not. Caveat Emptor.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
I have always thought Bogie had the best taste in suit, him and Jimmy Stewart. My big fav is Bogie's three peice pinstripe in The Maltese Falcon!

Wild Root

Gone Home
I am not stating this is not as claimed, but I would think an Ebay auction on such an item would have MUCH more details, size, condition, pictures of the inside, close up of fabric, photo of the inside WB label.

That's what I'm saying! It seems to me that they should have A LOT more photos then that dinky one that can't even be enlarged.

For $6,000.00 to $8,000.00 they would be smart to have more photos. :rolleyes:

Any other input?

Bogie1943

Practically Family
I am always suspicious of item such as this when I find them on ebay. I usually don't bit unless I can see some well presented documentation that the item is genuine, this looks a little fishy to me. It's really hard to tell these days, but when it comes down to it, any real fan of Bogie would love to own something of his.

Captain Krunch

Familiar Face
This is the real deal, folks. Profiles in History has done a number of major Hollywood memorabilia auctions over the last few years. During this particular auction they're selling things like the Ferrari from Magnum PI, KITT from Knight Rider, and the 10 Commandments from The 10 Commandments. During past auctions they've sold things like the Kirk's original captain's chair from Star Trek and the Green Hornet's Black Beauty. They're definitly legit.

As for the lack of pictures, I suppose when you're trying to auction off 500 or so big-ticket Hollywood items, it's hard to be thorough. But if you're in the area, you can see the items in person before the auction. According to their downloadable auction catalog:

"BEFORE THE AUCTION - You may attend pre-sale viewing for all of our auctions at no charge. All property to be auctioned is usually on view for several days prior to the sale. You are encouraged to examine lots thoroughly. You may also request condition reports (see below). Profiles in History?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s staff are available at viewings and by appointment." [ Preview: Monday, July12, thru Thursday, July 29 from 10:00AM to 7:00PM - by appointment only.]

havershaw

Practically Family
They also have Kim Novak's grey suit from Vertigo, as well as one of the paintings of Norma Desmond from Sunset Boulevard.

Man, I want that painting of Norma Desmond.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, that's too rich for my blood for sure! Even if it is the real deal. I would rather buy another vintage auto for that price. Or, just put that into the one I have:D

I have a good friend in Redlands that is good friends with most of the surviving stars of the silver screen. He has many itmes like dresses from Ann Ruruthuford, a suit coat of Bob Hope's from 1947 and he has other great Hollywood stuff.

The cool thing is that he gets all this stuff for nuthing! Since he's good friends with these people, they give him stuff!

Any way, that's a whole different kind of collecting.

Check you his web site! It's cool. www.thatfortiesguy.com.

Cheers.

Wild Root

Gone Home
You know, tha'ts a good question. I do know that he is a very busy guy. I hardly find time to talk to him. But, I'll put a little fire under him to see if he'll sign up. He needs to be a lounge menber. :D

See ya,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ