Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bolero Jacket by Aero

rainer

New in Town
Hi,
I'm just starting a new project with Aero: A Bolero Jacket for my wife.
First Thoughts were:
30s half belt slim fit jacket
plain back
no buckets
just one pocket inside
medium Horsehide in brown (Amanda will send me some samples)

Has this ever been made before. Tell me your thoughts please

Greetings from Witten
Rainer

JanSolo

Practically Family
There have been a handful of women's jackets in the past but Aero don't have real templates for them. All I can say is that sometimes they get it right, sometimes not and the jacket is out of proportion with much too wide sleeves. It's a good thing to start off with medium weight hide instead of FQHH. A FQHH girl's jacket in such a small size as 30 or 32 would never break in.
Make sure you stress that you want trim sleeves. From my experience most girls don't like a close fitting jacket where the sleeves are out of proportion. You should also state that you want a 2-piece sleeve construction (A2, HG-5).

Since there are no templates to go by it's probably best to get your wife measured properly with a tape measure.

Shoulder to cuff, shoulder width, chest size, waist, hip, and back length. Don't forget the overall height and weight. Please do also state how your wife wants the jacket to fit i. e. loose, trim, standard etc.

Good luck

Last edited:

rainer

New in Town
Hi Jan,
ich wusste, da würde was konstruktives kommen!!
I Knew there would be some good advice by you!!
As i said, we are just starting this projekt, waiting for the medium horsehide samples (maybe it will get some goatskin, who knows), but Amanda is optimistic that we manage that....
Greetings from Witten

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff