Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boon Boots?

Doug C

Practically Family
I spied a pair of black military steele toe boots the other day while in a local army/navy. I liked them because they were not Combat boots but were a short 5" or so. The lable said "Boon Boots", they were not glossy like patent leather or anything, basically they looked like a work boot and priced around $60. I may return and get 'em but not sure if steel toes could be comfortable. I'd risk the purchase if I could find them cheaper...though the popular auction site didn't list "boon boots" though.

Doug C

tallyho

One of the Regulars
They may have been referring to "boondockers". These were the boots that Marines in the second world war wore as training and combat boots. They were low quarter boots with the flesh side out( ie the rough side of leather) They were in a medium to dark brown color. They are distincly different from the WW2 army issue boots. The name "boondockers" comes from Paris Island, one of the Marine Corps training centers. It is a marshy, swampy hell hole in North Carolina. The outback swamps were referred to as "the boondocks" since the boots were worn on field manoevers in the "boondocks" they became known as "boondockers"

I hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran