Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bootlegger Fit Feedback

VestCoast

A-List Customer
Hi all,

I was fortunate enough to become the third owner of this magnificent Aero Bootlegger in brown CXL steerhide. This particular jacket features prominently here on TFL and in the Thurston Bros. instagram feed and was one of the deciding factors in convincing myself to order an Aero. I feel incredibly lucky to be able to wear it. Funnily enough, Thurston recently posted a 4 jacket tile, and as of yesterday I own two of the featured jackets. The details on this jacket are fantastic, and the brown corduroy lining is exquisite. Im also a huge fan of the brown steerhide and I think it works really well with Wesco's brown domain engineers.

I have a black Sheene in size 40, and this Bootlegger is also a 40. This jacket has more room in the chest than the Sheene and I was hoping for some feedback on how it fits. I was a little hesitant to grab this as Ton (the OG owner) is about the same height but has almost 30lbs on me, but the measurements on the BL were very close to what I would order so I went ahead and nabbed it. Im very happy with the sleeve length/body length and the shoulder hits me just where I want it to. The chest is roomy but I think it will allow me to layer a little more. I'll post zipped and unzipped fit pics below with an undershirt and thin sweatshirt on underneath. Thanks for taking a look!

Zipped-
ur8s10r.jpg

tD6XgrU.jpg

N3ueXss.jpg

Unzipped-
oJsOeeR.jpg

UNqA8bb.jpg

23I8wY5.jpg

Special thanks to Ton for designing and ordering such a fantastic jacket and Aerofan for assisting in the break in before passing it along to me. Buying the jacket from Aerofan was so easy and fast, I know he's already got a stellar reputation here re: buying/selling but it's always worth mentioning a great experience.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know that jacket anywhere, that’s Bootlegger 2.0!
Congratulations on a great score, now please hold onto that one and wear the hell out of it.

VestCoast

A-List Customer
It will be big once the hide became loose, what's your weght and chest size?
My weight fluctuates between 180 and 185. Chest size is 43.25". I don't imagine it will become much looser as it's already decently broken in, but I don't have much experience with steerhide so I can't say for sure.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Congrats!
P.S. You may finish the whole jigsaw puzzle if you manage to buy Ton's J106 sometime, it was as much unique jacket (still is actually) as this gorgeous Bootlegger 2.0 you've just purchased.

saculer

Familiar Face
Dude you have hit another one out of the park! And to be quite candid, a lot of us maybe could fit in that jacket but couldn't really rock that look. You can do both! I say it's a keeper.

As for my two cents...I recently posted about a brown 4plus-oz CXL steerhide I got a month ago. It already has close to 200 hours wear-time. It has conformed exactly right, loosening in exactly the right places and drawing in at exactly the right places. It's over 8 pounds and now I forget I'm even wearing it. It did all this in, like, a week. I have no doubt yours will too. Then this jacket and your (flipping amazing) horsehide Sheene will have cage matches in your closet to determine who gets worn outside. :D

Last edited:

VestCoast

A-List Customer
And now the student has become the master. Friggn perfect man. I knew it would be! Wear it in good health!

This is high praise indeed!

Dude you have hit another one out of the park! And to be quite candid, a lot of us maybe could fit in that jacket but couldn't really rock that look. You can do both! I say it's a keeper.

As for my two cents...I recently posted about a brown 4plus-oz CXL steerhide I got a month ago. It already has close to 200 hours wear-time. It has conformed exactly right, loosening in exactly the right places and drawing in at exactly the right places. It's over 8 pounds and now I forget I'm even wearing it. It did all this in, like, a week. I have no doubt yours will too. Then this jacket and your (flipping amazing) horsehide Sheene will have cage matches in your closet to determine who gets worn outside. :D

Thanks! I just took a look at your fantastic highwayman, the grain really pops on that steerhide--and illustrates a bright future for this bootlegger. Can't wait to put some wear on this jacket! Its going to be my primary jacket for the next few weeks but once its broken in for me the Sheene will make a resurgence. Picking between the two is going to be agonizing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21