Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bootleggers 3rd Stone

greenc

Familiar Face
Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all well and looking forward to a terrific weekend - been a helluva week in Toronto, looking forward to two days off. I've got a question for the group concerning the Freewheelers Bootleggers 3rd Stone jacket(s).

If anyone has thoughts on how they fit I'd love to hear them. I've read the comments in the Freewheelers thread and I remember seeing that apparently they typically have larger shoulder dimensions. I don't know if this applies to every jacket they make, or if it's even true but I'm a bit confounded by the sizing.

Per Desolation Row, the dimensions for a 36 in this style of jacket are:

Shouder: 41cm
P2P: 46cm
Sleeve length: 61cm
Bottom back of collar to hem: 60cm

These numbers don't make sense to me - and what's further confusing me is the fact that the online store, Genco Clothing, lists the dimensions for the same jacket as follows:

Shouder: 44 cm
P2P: 47.5
Sleeve length: 64cm
Bottom back of collar to hem: 59.5cm

I know sizing of jackets is an inexact science but these numbers seem off by quite a bit.

If anyone has experience with these I'd love fit photos and your thoughts - I'm looking to pick one up but committing with that much discrepancy isn't making me happy. I have roughly 17-inch shoulders, and a 19-inch chest, and I prefer my jackets to fit a bit more on the close side as I only ever wear them with a t-shirt.

In any event, thank you in advance I'm looking forward to everyone's thoughts. Take care and enjoy the next few days.

Sincerely,

Chris

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 9.46.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 9.46.20 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 9.46.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 9.46.35 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 9.46.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 9.46.55 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 9.47.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 9.47.11 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 11.10.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 11.10.13 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
  • Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 11.24.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 11.24.52 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 34

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all well and looking forward to a terrific weekend - been a helluva week in Toronto, looking forward to two days off. I've got a question for the group concerning the Freewheelers Bootleggers 3rd Stone jacket(s).

If anyone has thoughts on how they fit I'd love to hear them. I've read the comments in the Freewheelers thread and I remember seeing that apparently they typically have larger shoulder dimensions. I don't know if this applies to every jacket they make, or if it's even true but I'm a bit confounded by the sizing.

Per Desolation Row, the dimensions for a 36 in this style of jacket are:

Shouder: 41cm
P2P: 46cm
Sleeve length: 61cm
Bottom back of collar to hem: 60cm

These numbers don't make sense to me - and what's further confusing me is the fact that the online store, Genco Clothing, lists the dimensions for the same jacket as follows:

Shouder: 44 cm
P2P: 47.5
Sleeve length: 64cm
Bottom back of collar to hem: 59.5cm

I know sizing of jackets is an inexact science but these numbers seem off by quite a bit.

If anyone has experience with these I'd love fit photos and your thoughts - I'm looking to pick one up but committing with that much discrepancy isn't making me happy. I have roughly 17-inch shoulders, and a 19-inch chest, and I prefer my jackets to fit a bit more on the close side as I only ever wear them with a t-shirt.

In any event, thank you in advance I'm looking forward to everyone's thoughts. Take care and enjoy the next few days.

Sincerely,

Chris
This is not a V cut Motorcycle jacket so I believe the shoulder is not gonna be wide La Brea etc. In any case, you will not fit into a size 36 regardless of the discrepancies you found on the 2 websites. If you have actual 19 inch chest you need a P2P of at least 98cm-100cm and that will give you a tight fit. The size small p2p be it 46 or even 48 is not a tight fit, it is skinny fit (in jeans' term) and you need stretchable fabric (not leather) for that type of fit.

greenc

Familiar Face
This is not a V cut Motorcycle jacket so I believe the shoulder is not gonna be wide La Brea etc. In any case, you will not fit into a size 36 regardless of the discrepancies you found on the 2 websites. If you have actual 19 inch chest you need a P2P of at least 98cm-100cm and that will give you a tight fit. The size small p2p be it 46 or even 48 is not a tight fit, it is skinny fit (in jeans' term) and you need stretchable fabric (not leather) for that type of fit.
Thank you Blackadder, you’re absolutely right, I just needed someone to say it. I think this style is really cool and I’ve found two preowned pieces at decent prices and both are 36 - I was trying to convince myself they’d fit. That somehow I could shoehorn myself into a jacket with a 46cm P2P. This is a case of me really wanting something and trying to justify it, despite logic to the contrary. I’ll keep up the hunt.

I have a Thedi CR with 17.3 inch shoulders and a 19.8 inch P2P that fits me really nicely - the chest is snug but with the two-way zipper it feels nice.

Someone on the Freewheelers thread mentioned that for Japanese manufacturers the western sizing of 34, 36, 38, 40 etc doesn’t really apply in the same way. That shoulder, P2P, etc numbers a western audience would understand are not really relevant.

Thanks again for the straight talk and knocking a bit of sense into me. Appreciate that. Enjoy the weekend.

Chris

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you Blackadder, you’re absolutely right, I just needed someone to say it. I think this style is really cool and I’ve found two preowned pieces at decent prices and both are 36 - I was trying to convince myself they’d fit. That somehow I could shoehorn myself into a jacket with a 46cm P2P. This is a case of me really wanting something and trying to justify it, despite logic to the contrary. I’ll keep up the hunt.

I have a Thedi CR with 17.3 inch shoulders and a 19.8 inch P2P that fits me really nicely - the chest is snug but with the two-way zipper it feels nice.

Someone on the Freewheelers thread mentioned that for Japanese manufacturers the western sizing of 34, 36, 38, 40 etc doesn’t really apply in the same way. That shoulder, P2P, etc numbers a western audience would understand are not really relevant.

Thanks again for the straight talk and knocking a bit of sense into me. Appreciate that. Enjoy the weekend.

Chris
Glad to help. P2P of your Thedi is around 100cm which will be a tight fit. You mentioned zipper which is something you should keep in mind too because the small 40-50s style zipper may split open in the middle after zipping up if the fit is tight. The Bootlegger is a copy of 70s East West and has bigger zipper.

greenc

Familiar Face
Good considerations, thank you. Looking at the Desolation Row website I need a size 40, or even a 42 to get the correct P2P, but then that puts the shoulders wider than I want.

Sigh.

It's a bit tricky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael