Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Booze Hound Tags? (Take me home, cabbie!)

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
I don't know if this is from the Golden Era or not, but it sure is fun:

tumblr_lh2jvkl3Dp1qazg1ao1_500.png

Anyone see anything like this before?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Actually i have just lost a very dear old work colleague recently, Mr Peter Kitcat (yes his real name, Cornish in origin), we worked in central london together in an ad agency many years ago.

He was a great, old guy, one of the old school, wore a fedora, need i say more. Anyhow, we all use to go for drinks after work and we used to catch the same train together home, except his journey was about an hour longer than mine. As soon as we got on the train, he used to open his briefcase and take out a laminated sign which he used to tie round his neck with a piece of string which read, "I love my wife and value my marriage, please wake me up at .....station" I miss him dreadfully, he was a lovely man.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Yes he was a great guy, never pulled rank, used to greet every member of staff personally every morning and invite everyone to the pub. no matter how lowly their position. Always asked after staff's family, kid's that kind of thing and was genuinely interested. They have put a plaque up in the pub for him, mind you he was their best customer!

grundie

One of the Regulars
One of the UK train operators (First Group I belive) gives out stickers with "Please wake me up at XXX station" during the Christmas party season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112