Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino from the fifties size 6 1/2 or 7 1/2 US

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 6 1/2 or 7 1/2 US true size
BBronzo 1 R.jpg

This Borsalino comes in perfect shape straight from the Italian 1950s. Sold in Turin
BBronzo 3 R.jpg

The hat is in excellent condition inside and out
BBronzo interno R.jpg

The dimensions are as follows: the brims are at 7 cm. trimmed in the same color as the ribbon, which is 3 cm high, the bashed crown is 10 cm.
BBronzo 5 R.jpg

The felt is medium weight with a peachy finish.
BBronzo etichetta carta.jpg

The color of the felt is "Bronze" and the type "Faunosca"
BBronzo 7 R.jpg

The hat is a high end production and great elegance.
BBronzo 9 R.jpg

The asking price is € 170 or $ 180
The cost for shipping is variable and depends on which is your location. Ask, specifying your country and city.
Further photographs and information are available, please ask.

Bizarre... so what if its up or downsized?

This is an ongoing joke/disagreement. If you haven’t been following hats in the classifieds and the hat forum you wouldn’t understand. Basically, it’s a difference of opinion between preservationists and those who have no qualms with permanently altering vintage items. I think it’s mostly just an inside joke at this point.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
As a seller I put this Borsalino on sale because it was a little big for my head. Like it others have gone on the market and others will follow.
I take it upon myself to speak for whoever bought it and its intention is to keep it in its original form.
The joke started, perhaps, because someone wanted to have it and was not ready or if he let it slip;)
The problem of putting your hands in hats to make them smaller or wider, in short, wearable, will always be there.
It is a matter of taste. I prefer to sell them instead of spoiling them

This is an ongoing joke/disagreement. If you haven’t been following hats in the classifieds and the hat forum you wouldn’t understand. Basically, it’s a difference of opinion between preservationists and those who have no qualms with permanently altering vintage items. I think it’s mostly just an inside joke at this point.
And to some...'thems fightin' words!'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB