Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino Hat Experts Needed Here!

TylerHoffarth

New in Town
Hi everyone,

First and foremost, I would like to introduce myself quickly. My name is Tyler Hoffarth, and I come from the praire's of Saskatchewan, Canada (Although I am moving out to Vancouver, BC shortly). I have been an entertainer (Magician) for many years, performing hundreds of shows across Saskatchewan and Alberta.

Anyways, I have a question for all Borsalino Hat Experts. I inherited this hat (Pictures below) from a man in Regina, who was a 50 year magician. I recently actually took the time to see exactly what I had here, and this is what I found:

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/wu66o/embed"></iframe>

If the above did not work, here is a direct link:

http://imgur.com/a/wu66o#0

Inside the hat reads:

Borsalino
Grand Prix-Paris 1900
Antica Casa Fondata nel 1857

I am just wondering what exactly I have here? I looked all over the internet for a little while and could not find a a Borsalino Top Hat like this one. As you can also see by the uploaded photo's, there is a signature on the inside, as well as a stamping, as well as a slip of paper with a name on it.

If anyone has any information about this hat, its possible history or background, value, etc., I would greatly appreciate it!

Greetings Tyler and welcome. We see many more Borsalino fedoras here than top hats, but if the same manufacturing labels were used as it appears from your pictures, I would guess this hat to be from the later 1950s to 1960. It appears to be missing its interior leather band? Value is questionable and will probably depend on how many rabbits it has left.

:)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Greetings Tyler and welcome. We see many more Borsalino fedoras here than top hats, but if the same manufacturing labels were used as it appears from your pictures, I would guess this hat to be from the later 1950s to 1960. It appears to be missing its interior leather band? Value is questionable and will probably depend on how many rabbits it has left.

:)

I agree with Alan's assessment. Welcome to the lounge.

TylerHoffarth

New in Town
Thank you for the welcome!

And I forgot to show the inside with the leather - It is all there, but as you know, the leather folds upwards so I just did this to show the inside of the hat. I am just really curious as to what I have here. Its kind of intriguing for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo