Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Bound Brim

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I got my Phantom Blue Indy back from Optimo today. Here's a few pictures of it with the bound brim. The brim always kinda had a wobbly look to it, but that's gone now.

103_0347-vi.jpg

103_0349-vi.jpg

103_0346-vi.jpg

103_0342-vi.jpg

103_0339-vi.jpg

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
I like it a lot. Makes the hat look much more sharp.

I saw how nice Rundquist's Morocco Tan looked with the binding, and I knew that this hat would definitely benefit from it too. So I'm a copycat...sort of. :)

Rundquist

A-List Customer
That looks great! I once heard someone say that they never saw a fedora that a bound edge detracted from and I have to say that I'm inclined to agree. Cheers

Bogie1943

Practically Family
I have always felt that a bound brim look more vintage and it gives the hat some character. I love bound brims to tell you the truth. If I had the cash, all my fedoras would have bound brims!:cool2:

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Originally posted by Chamorro
Beauty! Does it still have the dimensional cut?

Yeah, it does. 2 3/4 in the front and back, and 2 5/8 on the sides.

This is by far my favorite hat. The binding makes it even moreso. Thanks for all the compliments.

I was talking to Graham yesterday about what to get next, and he actually recommended that I not go with a Satin Finished felt, because of how hot it gets here in SC. Therefore, I'm probably going to get a Montecristi in January. I can't get anything that's super high grade, though. Probably something around 5 to 7 bills. Do you guys already with Montecristis have any recommendations, like saving up even more for than that for one?

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
I think Rundquist has started something, I have a brown federation deluxe and i'm going to send it to Optimo for the bound brim as well.I like his block on the tan fedora and i don't want several indy hats all in brown since i have the Optimo in Indy brown.You have a very fine looking hat!!

Sharpetoys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Komander