Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bradley Cooper’s leather jacket in the movie ‘Burnt’

Fran

New in Town
8411D4F9-8304-4717-AF97-1430057ED6B9.jpeg
F1042A78-F14F-464B-A813-0C1170315D2A.jpeg
CA598B17-F0BD-4BFD-A307-ABA3D76BE04D.jpeg
EC18B107-F54F-47E2-8B0E-AB31B4DCB916.jpeg
Hi all,

Hope you can help me on this. I’m trying to find out the brand of the leather jacket that Bradley Cooper wears in the movie ‘Burnt’. I’ve searched the Internet many times looking for an answer, but the quest has been a total failure so far.
At first I thought it was a Brooks, but the zippers on the chest make me think it could be a Beck or a Schott. What do you think?

The full movie is on YouTube, and there a lot of scenes where the jacket is shown from different angles:

I have attached also some pictures.

Thank you everyone. Great forum!

Attachments

• DDD955D4-D415-46B2-814F-FA3A3AFF19DD.jpeg
    DDD955D4-D415-46B2-814F-FA3A3AFF19DD.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 1,519

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Looks like a Brooks to me as well, although almost everyone I've seen has a windflap (and his doesn't). You should have no problem finding one on eBay.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Looks like Brooks to me as well, but is missing the windflap that we usually see. Maybe they removed it... or Brooks made a model without one. I'm not an expert on their jackets.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I've seen him in that Brooks looking jacket, didn't know it was from a movie - the back is spot on as is the general pattern but the top pocket hardware is wrong. People do cut off the wind-flaps - takes about 30 seconds.

Fran

New in Town
Hmmm I’ve seen Terry Mitchell’s videos recently and I have to admit the jacket is very similar to the Brooks cafe racers he’s showing. However, I don’t think the ring-shape chest zippers are the typical (Talon) teardrop zippers in the Brooks jackets. Plus, this jacket seems shorter than most of the Brooks and does not get narrower near the waist, like the black one Terry Mitchell has. Also note that it doesn’t have a vertical seam in the middle of the back, although that can’t be seen in the pictures attached. That means it would have to be a more recent vintage Brooks.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm I’ve seen Terry Mitchell’s videos recently and I have to admit the jacket is very similar to the Brooks cafe racers he’s showing. However, I don’t think the ring-shape chest zippers are the typical (Talon) teardrop zippers in the Brooks jackets. Plus, this jacket seems shorter than most of the Brooks and does not get narrower near the waist, like the black one Terry Mitchell has. Also note that it doesn’t have a vertical seam in the middle of the back, although that can’t be seen in the pictures attached. That means it would have to be a more recent vintage Brooks.

I've owned a few of these - length and shape varies a lot, so that's no issue. I have had them 25 inches long and 27.5 inches long. Most came in at around 26. Sleeves varied a lot too from 25 to 28 inches.

In terms of age, that one appears to be a thin hide so it would be 1970's like most on eBay.

As I said, the hardware is wrong but that may have been replaced. They all had the teardrop Talon from what I have been.

Fran

New in Town
I've owned a few of these - length and shape varies a lot, so that's no issue. I have had them 25 inches long and 27.5 inches long. Most came in at around 26. Sleeves varied a lot too from 25 to 28 inches.

In terms of age, that one appears to be a thin hide so it would be 1970's like most on eBay.

As I said, the hardware is wrong but that may have been replaced. They all had the teardrop Talon from what I have been.

Cool. I hope I will be able to find one that is not too long or too narrow underneath. I’m not very fond of that style. Thanks!

Fran

New in Town
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider