Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Brew Masters" on Discovery Channel

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
This new series begins tomorrow evening. It stars Sam Calagione, the founder and brew master of Dogfish Head Brewery, whose IPA 60 is like mother's milk for me......

86-BrewMasters.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Anybody catch the show? Personally, I didn't really care much for the reality show vibe.

SteveAS

Practically Family
Anybody catch the show? Personally, I didn't really care much for the reality show vibe.

I watched about half of it. I didn't like either the "reality show vibe" or the host's personality, so I quit watching so I can continue to enjoy the host's beer without a lot of unpleasant associations with him.

anon`

One Too Many
Don't have cable, or anything useful to add really. I just wanted to say lessthanthree Dogfish Head! (And it's about the only US brewery not out of the PNW you'll ever hear me say that about.)

But Never 60 Minute IPA. Always 90 Minute, at least. But I'm usually into the Midas Touch anyway.

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
As an avid home brewer, I actually like the show! Yes it is unabashedly about Dogfish Head Brewery, but to me I appreciate his artistic approach to brewing as well as his efforts to reintroduce ancient brews. To those of us who brew, you know that this is an art form. Mr. Calagione(sp?) is an artist in the truest form and it inspires me to get off my haunches and create some art of my own!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot