Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brightly-colored fedoras anyone?

John the Swede

Familiar Face
Anybody wear/have/have coming in a nice fedora that's not gray, black, or brown? What colors do you all like and when do you all like to wear them>

Thought this might be interesting...

Anybody wear/have/have coming in a nice fedora that's not gray, black, or brown? What colors do you all like and when do you all like to wear them>

Thought this might be interesting...
One of my first fedora purchases was a Beaver brand homburg. In the picture on Ebay it looked like a nice sandy brown and I missed in the description the word "mustard". Well damn if I did not receive a bright mustard coloured homburg with an orange feather....I called it my Crusty the Clown hat and only wore it in the house until finally donating to Goodwill. I am not sure if any self respecting homeless guy would stoop so low as to wear it in public. That is as close as I have come to a brightly coloured fedora!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I have a couple of German made hats and one American made in green that could be considered bright. I wear them whenever and wherever I feel like a green hat.

OldStrummer

Practically Family
Just today I ordered a blue pork pie.
belfry_jazz_navy01.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Anybody wear/have/have coming in a nice fedora that's not gray, black, or brown? What colors do you all like and when do you all like to wear them> Thought this might be interesting...

John The Swede, Eric the Finn here: Tough question from my perspective sir. Check the What Hat Are You Wearing thread as folks wear a bunch of different colored felts. I wear tons of colors. Most fall within the standard variants. A thread like Gannon hats has folks sharing about custom hat felts and may show more color variation than other threads.

Today I wore, brown, gray and blue-gray. Just for giggles here is an older pic of some custom Gannon hats:

i-KjQZjjn-L.jpg

Best, Eric -

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Penman was making a Fedora in "Superman Blue"....and I think he also made a hat in a bright yellowish color a "Dick Tracy" hat?

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
John The Swede, Eric the Finn here: Tough question from my perspective sir. Check the What Hat Are You Wearing thread as folks wear a bunch of different colored felts. I wear tons of colors. Most fall within the standard variants. A thread like Gannon hats has folks sharing about custom hat felts and may show more color variation than other threads.

Today I wore, brown, gray and blue-gray. Just for giggles here is an older pic of some custom Gannon hats:

i-KjQZjjn-L.jpg

Best, Eric -
This picture is so nice, hats like tree ornaments!

I have a few bright/odd colors, but I rarely wear them.

Green Beaver Brand Homburg:
bf14271c3fc5290ba47213118576d9e6.jpg

Light blue Selentino (Tonak fur felt):
5be164339796163c1eed835f7c56ddb3.jpg

Darker, but not navy, blue and a gold/yellow/pumpkin. Both also Selentino:

35fb69de2c63aa937d6036421f3b6d46.jpg

I posted the last two a few months ago at:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/post-new-hats-here.28145/page-1731#post-2303117

Aside from Halloween, I don't know where I'd wear a hat that wasn't more a part of the standard palette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot