Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

British belt-back hunting suit, ~42" chest

Papperskatt

Practically Family
Very nice, and with a low starting bid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vtg-1930S...088?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c987df700

$_57.JPG

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
The low starting price just seems too dangerous for me. Since such a lovely suit in that condition will reach a good price (unless the world has gone mad and fate conspires against him) why note just start it at a moderately good price?

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
The low starting price just seems too dangerous for me. Since such a lovely suit in that condition will reach a good price (unless the world has gone mad and fate conspires against him) why note just start it at a moderately good price?

That's a reasonable argument, but the average eBay bidder is far from reasonable. Lower starting bid, bigger gamble. An auction with a high winning bid is more likely to have started with a low starting bid. Then again, he might lose the gamble.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I've seen this type of weave before, don't know the name. It's like a basketweave and possibly still named as such, but warp and weft are stepped against each other rather than being aligned like a normal 2x2 oxford weave would be.
The pattern looks like small dogtooth to me.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Identical fabric as my Lambsworth Harris Tweed.... but the belt back + plus-fours of course is much more interesting.
Tweed1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points