Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Broke a button on my Aero

JDelage

Familiar Face
I was warned to be careful about (un)buttoning my new leather coat, and indeed I just broke one of the corozo buttons. I'm going to see if I can get it replaced but I was wondering whether anyone here has chosen to replace all their buttons with something more solid. Maybe there are bronze buttons out there...?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I was warned to be careful about (un)buttoning my new leather coat, and indeed I just broke one of the corozo buttons. I'm going to see if I can get it replaced but I was wondering whether anyone here has chosen to replace all their buttons with something more solid. Maybe there are bronze buttons out there...?
It's probably a good idea to work that leather until it's pliable and broken in enough to do the buttons. And avoid buttons on the heavier leather altogether.

seres

A-List Customer
It's probably a good idea to work that leather until it's pliable and broken in enough to do the buttons...

I agree. I use a jeweler's ring sizing stick to soften and slightly enlarge the button holes prior to use.

lina

Practically Family
I broke one button after another on the Aero Maxwell I briefly had. Those corozo buttons are made to be broken! Thurston sent me a replacement button in the mail once, and it arrived broken! I would absolutely replace all of them with the older buttons that Aero used.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Write(email) to them. They may be able to offer a remedy/alternative buttons? I had a football come away from my Teamster and Aero replied very promptly with a new button.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
06665ddba8771914acce12c590fcfe01.jpg

I had a button break literally as I pulled the jacket out of the box for the first time and unbuttoned it to try it on for size!

I was gutted but Danny from Aero sent me a couple of replacement buttons and the matching thread and some quick instructions for how to actually replace it ie: turn the sleeve inside out and go in through the inside lining. It only took the seamstress 10 minutes to replace.....I didn’t trust myself.

As you use the button holes more they seem to loosen up and I haven’t had any issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot