Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Broken-in Lost Worlds a Myth?

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Well, that A2 I purchased from you is certainly broken in, but I get that’s not what you’re referring to. Here it seems unlikely unless purchased well loved. You can’t look at all the cool jackets on TFL and remain jacket monogamous and you could never break in a LW if it were not your one and only.

Peacoat

Bartender
I’ve seen pictures of Big Foot, but I’ve never seen pictures of broken-in Lost Worlds jackets. I mean, really broken in, not just a little wrinkle and some lines on the arms simulating creases. Does anyone have any evidence to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They don't exist. A man who wears a broken in jacket is a sissy. Stu doesn't make jackets for sissies. His jackets are only for real men—they will never break in and be comfortable to wear.

Hh121

Banned
A well broken in LW doesn't looks as good as Horween Chromexcel hide, many old LW jacket from Ebay looks horrible to me. Of course, a brand new 4oz plus LW jacket is unparalleled.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’m working on it Powerband! I’m planning to give my new CHP some good hard wear on the rainy days we have coming up this winter. Considering that I have at least six or seven other jackets in the rotation though it will probably take a couple decades to break it up this way.

thor

One Too Many
I had a LW A-2 for about 8 years, wore it every day, everywhere. It was awesome! Perfectly broken-in. I’ll try to find some pics. Sadly I eventually outgrew it and purchased another LW one size larger. Now I’m working on trying to break that one in (but I’m mostly wearing G-1’s these days).

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone have any evidence to share?

Here you go, 4 ounce +. 7 years old

DSC07007ddddfff.jpg

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had a LW A-2 for about 8 years, wore it every day, everywhere. It was awesome! Perfectly broken-in. I’ll try to find some pics. Sadly I eventually outgrew it and purchased another LW one size larger. Now I’m working on trying to break that one in (but I’m mostly wearing G-1’s these days).

That's the trouble-outgrown before worn down.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Got to say I am not sure who's aged the most, me or the jacket, but I am sure liking my LW along with all the others I own or may own in the future. Lost Worlds jackets not aging quickly is a good thing as far as I am concerned. It means I can keep wearing them in the rain while riding down the highway without any fear of getting wet. It means the jackets don't wear out. I am not looking for my jackets to wear like denim, I am looking to wear these jackets and enjoy them as long as I am still kicking. If I wanted a mall jacket that gave that 40 year look, well then I would have bought one. In so far as the jacket below is concerned it's comfortable and well broken in and I don't think it looks too bad either.
J-24-c.JPG

J-24-b.JPG

J-24-d.JPG

J-24-e.JPG

Powerband

Practically Family
Thanks for your (sometimes hilarious) replies. I suppose the LW jackets break in by softening up. As mentioned, they don’t patina well like a teacore jacket. I have had and still own Lost Worlds and love them because they’re, uh, manly. But even with just a little wearing, they do soften and the grains appear readily. I guess I always expect wear marks that are lighter than the surface of the jacket... but that’s probably for sissies and not real men.

I’ll take a picture of mine in about 15 years to update this thread. Stay tuned.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for your (sometimes hilarious) replies. I suppose the LW jackets break in by softening up. As mentioned, they don’t patina well like a teacore jacket. I have had and still own Lost Worlds and love them because they’re, uh, manly. But even with just a little wearing, they do soften and the grains appear readily. I guess I always expect wear marks that are lighter than the surface of the jacket... but that’s probably for sissies and not real men.

I’ll take a picture of mine in about 15 years to update this thread. Stay tuned.

Pretty hilarious yourself PB.
LW has only been around since @1986 and not 50-70 years like some of those we dearly cherish. I’m sure there are some survivors who have endured the battle to patina. I’ve seen a couple pics of well worn and fairly patinaed examples here but that recall is a Lost World of it’s own. Mine will be ready to post....when i’m about a hundred.
B

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Got to say I am not sure who's aged the most, me or the jacket, but I am sure liking my LW along with all the others I own or may own in the future. Lost Worlds jackets not aging quickly is a good thing as far as I am concerned. It means I can keep wearing them in the rain while riding down the highway without any fear of getting wet. It means the jackets don't wear out. I am not looking for my jackets to wear like denim, I am looking to wear these jackets and enjoy them as long as I am still kicking. If I wanted a mall jacket that gave that 40 year look, well then I would have bought one. In so far as the jacket below is concerned it's comfortable and well broken in and I don't think it looks too bad either. View attachment 195733
View attachment 195751
View attachment 195735

View attachment 195760

Sweet!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Got to say I am not sure who's aged the most, me or the jacket, but I am sure liking my LW along with all the others I own or may own in the future. Lost Worlds jackets not aging quickly is a good thing as far as I am concerned. It means I can keep wearing them in the rain while riding down the highway without any fear of getting wet. It means the jackets don't wear out. I am not looking for my jackets to wear like denim, I am looking to wear these jackets and enjoy them as long as I am still kicking. If I wanted a mall jacket that gave that 40 year look, well then I would have bought one. In so far as the jacket below is concerned it's comfortable and well broken in and I don't think it looks too bad either. View attachment 195733
View attachment 195751
View attachment 195735

View attachment 195760
Ah Wilbur and hoping you would weigh in since I have been aware of your love for your LW jackets since I have known you. I trust all is well with you on top of that little Tennessee hill called Signal Mountain!

Peacoat

Bartender
I imagine Wilbur got a little chilled on his mountain earlier in the week. The low here was 18 with a high of 28. On the mountain, Wilbur was probably 5 to 10 degrees colder. Brrr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB