Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bronson 1920s Horsehide Leather Brakeman Coat size 40

Lancaster

Familiar Face
I recently bought this Bronson Mfg. Co. 1920's Brakeman horsehide coat new and wore it maybe 4 times before deciding it's too small for me. The measurements listed on their site are wrong and I'll list the actual measurements below. I'm surprised at just how nice of a coat this is. It's very well made with perfect stitching, and is in flawless condition. The horsehide is superb, having a luxurious waxy feel. It's a very dark brown color with a contrasting bronze stitching - a great combo. This is some of the best smelling leather I've ever encountered and comparable to Horween, weighing in at 4-1/2 pounds. The pockets all have about 1-1/2" of leather down the top back of them and then the rest is a quality, silky, russet brown 100% cotton, the same cotton that lines the sleeves. The 2 front pocket bags are sewn to the jacket at their bases so that they won't pull out when you remove your hands. Lots of quality details that you might not expect. These sold out pretty quickly. $385 plus shipping, no trades please. Some details and measurements:

Vent holes under the arms.
Two double-welted pockets at the waist. One inner double-welted pocket at the right chest.
Vintage style buttons with inner backing support buttons.
Japanese Gunze threads.
Shell: vegetable-tanned horsehide.
Interior: 80% wool, 20% polyester. Inner sleeve: 100% cotton.
Pit to pit an inch below the seams: 21-1/4"
Shoulders straight across the top: 18-1/2"
Sleeve from top shoulder seam straight down to outer edge of cuff: 24-1/2"
Back length from collar base: 27-1/2"

002.jpg
004.jpg
011.jpg
013.jpg
005.jpg
BronsonBrakemanPitVents.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
019.jpg

Last edited:

Lancaster

Familiar Face
6'1", 170 lbs, 40" chest, 36" waist, long arms, and wearing a heavy knit flannel over a long sleeve T.

017.jpg
010.jpg
012.jpg
016.jpg

020.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner