Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bronson French Corduroy Hunting Jacket

Gromit

New in Town
Hello, does anyone have any experience with their Corduroy Hunting Jacket? Interested specifically in the sizing, since the Chinese clothes tend to run small (checked the sizing guide, but still unsure). Also, if anyone has it, could you share some photos?

Last edited:

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Don't have it, seen it on the site, looks nice. Re: sizing, here's what I found on Bronson stuff. It shrinks a lot. So if you plan on ever washing and putting in dryer, I'd go up one size. Otherwise, compare the measurements to your preferred fitting jacket in your closet. Most important are ptp and shoulder, unless you worried about overall length etc. If it has an action back, usually the ptp can come down some vs. your usual measurement.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I really liked that jacket, too. My experience with Bronson is that you have to size up. I bought a denim jacket from them, and the 38 just fit and no more. Kind of discouraged me from buying any more, tbh.

Edward

Bartender
I really liked that jacket, too. My experience with Bronson is that you have to size up. I bought a denim jacket from them, and the 38 just fit and no more. Kind of discouraged me from buying any more, tbh.

Yeah, my experience with SE Asian sizing is that you really need to go up a size or two, even with less specific sizing schemes - I vary between a L-XXL in the UK, M-XL in the US and XXXL-XXXXL in China. It's why I've never ordered a jacket from Bronson - quite a few look like they *might* fit from the measurements, but there's every chance the cut would mean I'd need one size up from the top end of their current range. Trousers seem to be easier to deal with that way, much more in the same line as our standard, UK sizing - so I can be certain it's no dice there, as every one of their lines stops exactly one waist size below where I am. I know I'm at the bigger end of average, but if they ever want to break into the Western market, they're going to have to rethink this, imo. It's a real shame, as the stuff I have handled has all been really good.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bronson isn’t an Asian market brand. They’re a western targeted outlet mostly for Chinese copies of Buzz Rickson’s and Toys McCoy, so sizing labels have the western consumer in mind.

That said you’ll have to look out for things like shrinkage.

CBI

One Too Many
I used to own quite a bit of Bronson, I found I had to size DOWN as their jackets tended to run large. They do post measurements of their garments that for me have always been accurate.. I had their corduroy pea coat which is probably the same material as the hunting jacket. Great but a TOTAL fur and hair magnet. So much so that I gave it to Goodwill as EVERY time I wanted to wear it, I needed to do an extensive roller tape/lint roller once over.

marker2037

Practically Family
Bronson's sizing can sometimes be tricky because they often label a size 40 as a L and a 42 as an XL, whereby most of the time in the rest of the world a 40 is a size M and a 42 is a L. So always go with the actual measurements and try to skip the labels as the measurements I find accurate enough.

For example, I own the Tanker jacket and when I reached out to Bronson on sizing, they advised to go with a 42/XL, but based on the website measurements the 40/L was the correct size I wear in jackets. I went with the 40/L and sure enough it was the correct size.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bronson's sizing can sometimes be tricky because they often label a size 40 as a L and a 42 as an XL, whereby most of the time in the rest of the world a 40 is a size M and a 42 is a L.

This is because the items in question are usually copies of Japanese items that are sized accordingly.

Gromit

New in Town
Thank you for the responses, maybe will get two sizes and choose the one that fits better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider